Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How strict is your form

Most of the time really strict, I will have breaks in form on my powercleans and puush press but overall I try to be very strict to eliminate injuries

It varies for me. I wouldnt consider myself real strict on any one exercise. Though I will often do some sets slow and strict and at different rep speeds to switch it up. For example, when I do barbell curls I may throw the weight up somewhat, and resist the negative. I like to train heavy, but I always make sure I anihilate the muscle I am training. So that is not sacrificed. Heavy weights keep me motivated and strong all around. On my bench presses, form tends to be pretty strict, just cuz Ive never taught myself to cheat or arch on that exercise. Something like deadlifts, Im not sure how you could cheat the movement, but you can surely use sloppy form which can lead to injury very easily. Im always switching it up though. For beginners Id reccomend strict form, this worked best for me in the beginning.

SquatPukeSquat said:
I always wonder what people mean by correct form. I thought I knew what correct form was until I watched Dorian Yates' blood n' guts. that mofo is strict. as for me, i like to swing on certain things. i think one exercise that lends itself well to swinging is laterals. i always see people doing super strict laterals with really light weight, but i've never gotten anything from that. although on some exercises good form is a prerequisite for injury prevention.

Why would you swing a weight up? You get so little out of it compared to a strict controlled motion. Use your muscle to do the lateral not momentum.

onerepmaximum said:
I do everything as strict as possible. I also try to do everything slow and in control. My poundage may suffer, but I'm not in there to impress anyone. I may cheat a little on bent over barbell rows, but that's all I can think of.

Same here, my goal is not to lift huge amounts of weights though.

Top Bottom