Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often should I practice

wtlftr

Martial arts techniques. It is fun and enjoyable.. The instructor I practice with (1 on 1) hits hard. Is this standard practice? Neck shots hurt the most.

Is getting hit hard adding anything to you learning how to fight? If you feel it isn't, ask him to go softer.

If the hits are HURTING you but not WOUNDING you then Id say that thats probably to your best Interest . You may not even realist it yourself but you correct yourself MUCH faster when the consequences for mistakes are more real . A friend of mine that teaches Okinawan Weapons wont give out Foam nunchaku for that very reason . He says that it takes them a couple of MONTHS with Foam chucks , and a couple of WEEKS with the real thing .

well might i ask for more details in your training. when your instructor hits u what are u practicing at that moment? How is your footwork? Probably everyone would like more details so we can assist u better.

Djimbe said:
If the hits are HURTING you but not WOUNDING you then Id say that thats probably to your best Interest . You may not even realist it yourself but you correct yourself MUCH faster when the consequences for mistakes are more real . A friend of mine that teaches Okinawan Weapons wont give out Foam nunchaku for that very reason . He says that it takes them a couple of MONTHS with Foam chucks , and a couple of WEEKS with the real thing .

I learned nunchaku fairly quickly
nothing serious but I wonder how fast I'd have learned with the real deal insteead of foam

Neck shots? Seems a little much... The neck/throat is a sensitive area. A slip and you can seriously hurt somebody. Throat strikes are not meant to be practiced on live partners.

-BRR

Djimbe said:
Big Rick Rock said:
Neck shots? Seems a little much... The neck/throat is a sensitive area. A slip and you can seriously hurt somebody. Throat strikes are not meant to be practiced on live partners.

I'd agree with both of these guys. I'd diplomatically ask him to lighten up on shots to the neck and any other strike that could do damage. I'm sure you're not there to be injured. But anything short of that; Just Take It.
When I was young, before I started officially boxing, I bought some gloves and sparred in the basement with a friend who had some experience. He gave me 0 breaks. At first, he would beat the absolute dog crap out of me. After 6 or 7 months, it was just the regular crap. Of course, I wasn't learning technique, but when I signed on at a boxing gym, I was more able to take the punishment of training and taking hits.

And even with the neck , I mean , is he hitting you in the MEAT of the neck , or like in the freaking TREACHEA ?

The neck shot is a side neck shot. I have complained a bit so he now uses hand coverings. I am practicing SAFTA training currently.

Top Bottom