Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much should gyno surgery cost?

TrueCowboy

I had a friend who had gyno surgery for $800 cash. It was a simple operation using just local anesthesia. Anybody have any experiences on how much this should cost. I realize that the s3everity of the gyno woul;d be an issue, so lets assume that it is mild gyno (1 inch diameter and 3/16"-1/4" thickness).

I don't think it matters what size your gyno may be... It would depend on the type of procedure. the $800 that your friend got... that's far the cheapest I've ever heard/read.

I think the doctor told me about $4000 K Canadian.
I dont' think it woudl be much different then a female getting her breasts done.

800.00 is pretty damn cheap, maybe if it was a very small case and it was done in an office with some local anesthetic. But if your dr wants it done in the OR thats where the $ comes in. 800.00 cash is reasonable for a surgeons "cash" fee, but again OR time is big bucks. I am thinking at least 2K and thats still local and maybe mild sedation with some versed.

u get what u pay for, just had it done. Paid 5 grand for the gyno. Nadler did it, it'd be 7 for both sides from him. I'm sure you can go cheaper but i'd be carefu, i had it fuct up once already.

In CHICAGO's GOLD COAST -- i.e. POSH $$$$, my doctor, named one of the best in plastic surgery by Chicago Magazine, Yale educated MD, I paid $1000. He quoted me $1000 for one side but then when I said make it both sides (for symmetry) I said c'mon its not that much more work and he stuck with the $1000. It was a 45 minutes procedure, local anesthetic and he runs that cannula back and forth scraping out the entire mass. So, $800 may not be very low especially for a mild case. But I seriously doubt he has my guy's education, reputation, and skills. Remember, a lot of these ops are now done in office and that cuts out the out-patient surgery center fee -- which is usually a couple thousand. Also, these doctors know the procedure is not covered by insurance. And know this: even though the med community charges so much on their bills, the truth is that the insurance companies pay, at most, 80%, usually 70% and Medicare, for instance, pays pennies on the dollar. So a doctor who knows you are paying out of pocket and knows it is a fairly low risk operation which will last no longer than an hour, if he can do it on-site at his office, $800 isn't that unheard of.

yo bbkingpin, what was your doctors name? i'm in chicago also and have been looking for one also. 1000 bucks is real cheap, and if he's as good as it says, then thats a steal. do you know if he's still charging that much?

Top Bottom