Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein shoudl you get from protein shakes?

foods are by far better for you in terms of there effect but if you cant get enough protein, the shakes work out good - I personally only take 1 per day, after my workout on lifting days, and as my last meal on non lifting days, other than that its foods that i eat all day long: chicken, turkey, lean pork chops, tuna and eggs are the staple of my proteins

The only thing that matters is that your body has a study supply of nutrients to draw from throughout the day. It doesn't know the difference between a protein shake and a whole-food meal. They're both just meals to the body. If the protein shake is made up of a good amount of a slow protein powder like casein, healthy fats, and a low to moderate GI carb, it's digested slowly and there is a constant stream of nutrients including protein for the body to draw off of for energy and recovery for a number of hours. The main issues, other than post-workout, are ones of convenience and what you put in your shakes.

so you think that protein is just protein, and eating whole foods rather than protein shakes makes no differences to the nutrients you get from that food and your digestive system. IMO and from the research ive done, it does make a difference, albeit not a huge one, but to live on 3-4 protein shakes per day is less productive than getting that from whole foods and having 2 shakes

Top Bottom