Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much protein for someone that doesn't workout?

brwnidgrl

I am asking this for a co-worker. She asked me how much protein should a woman eat, who doesn't workout? I told her I have no clue, but someone on here might know. Thanks to anyuone who can answer her question.

I would recommend that she simply follow the USDA Food Pyramid:
http://www.dietitian.com/foodguid.html
The USDA expanded the four food groups to six and expanded the number of servings to meet the calorie needs of most persons.
-3 to 5 servings of vegetables
-2 to 4 servings of fruits
-2 to 3 servings of milk, yogurt & cheese
-6 to 11 servings of bread, cereal, rice, & pasta
-2 to 3 servings of meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs & nuts
-use fats, oils & sweets sparingly

However keeping in mind that ONE SLICE of bread is 1 serving, I think an apple is 2 (or 1.5) servings of fruit.

I have heard .6-.8 gram of protein per lb of body weight. I would recommend around 30% of calories, maybe only 20%. That website quoted 50 grams, which is very easy to achieve.

Also let her know that every year she loses more and more lean tissue....therefore the metabolism slows down....and more of that skinny fat look starts to take over...if she would workout it would help her fight osteoporosis as she ages, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, decreased body fat, decreased BMI, and she will feel 100 times better physically and mentally...It would only be to her benefit....People dont realize that we create have of our own health issues by not properly taking care of ourselves...she doesnt have to be a bodybuilder and compete...just simply lift some weights and build a little muscle...she will look better in her clothes...and feel better too:) Just my .02 on not working out...no reason not too...and as for protein, I would go a little over what the FDA approved...its not giong to hurt her...I would do 1 gram per lb..apprx..

Top Bottom