Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

How much is your Electric Bill each month?

Pamela

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Got Mine on Sat. and it was very high...

$124.01

Last month it was $87.09.


How about all of you!!
 
It's been hotter than the hinges of hell here! The AC has been running 24/7 ! I normally do not have to run AC unless it's VERY muggy! Ceiling fans and the tree's around my house keep it pretty pleasant.

Last billing ran us $110.00 ! Typical billing is $50-65!
 
$187.10 for this month and 148.57 for last month. Wintertime bills run around $280 - $330 per month.....Brand new units too, less than a year old!
 
I'm in Florida and mine is between $80.00 - $120.00 a month year round....and I've had my A/C on since at least March...

It's getting hot in here....so take of all your clothes.....:p
 
My last bill was $287.00 !! Shit.

Hey ! Turn those fucking lights off !!

Is anyone watching this television !!! or this one !!

Why is this on !!!

:D
 
here in the humidity core of the universe, a/c is a not an option, it is neded 9 months outta the year!!

for this 1400 square feet house, built in 1954, inuslated as much as possible, 3 year old Amana high efficiency a/c system, 75 during the day, 73 at night, my electric bill is between $65.00 and $100.00 in the summer.

next month's bill will be a big one!! august and september are dog days here in the big sleazy, a/c runs almost continously from 1pm until 8 pm.

i don't know how people survived in the deep south before a/c, musta drank a LOT of mint julips!!!!!!!!:p
 
The electric and gas company here is too bad at billing to really know what we pay.
Last month we got two gas bills for $20 each and no electricity bill.
Then this month they sent one gas bill for $16, but it was covered by the last month's redundant one - so they owe us $4.

we had one electric bill when we moved in, and none since.

but when they do send it, I would guess it is between $60 and 150.
as long as it is under $180, then I'm happy.
I purposely haven't had all my computers on though since the AC has been on a lot lately.
 
My apartment has hot water heat in the winter. I don't have to pay for water so it's dirt cheap to pay for my electrical in the winter (maybe $15-18).

In the summer I have to have my ac on all the time for the ferrets. It's probably around $30-35 a month.
 
TheStromba said:
My last bill was $287.00 !! Shit.

Hey ! Turn those fucking lights off !!

Is anyone watching this television !!! or this one !!

Why is this on !!!

:D

Just turn on the Red Light District and who needs the television or lights....we just need the camera's rollin....:p
 
In the winter, it's usually $60-$80.

Summertime, with the A/C, it's about $160-$200.

2 story Victorian home with no insulation.
 
I pay 400$ a month for my rent, all utilities paid.
 
I pay about 35$ per month. That's running the ac all summer too.

You peeps have electric heat or is electricity just that expensive in the States?:confused:
 
HappyScrappy said:


uhh... isn't that something that is easy to fix?

Well...yes and no.

I can insulate the attic easily, except the store keeps wanting money before they let me walk out of there with the insulation. I'll probably tackle that one before this winter.

The walls, not so easy. They're plaster walls, and I could do blown-in insulation, but it's been known to make the plaster crack. Since old plaster walls already have some cracks, no sense in making that worse.

As I gut rooms and redo them, I go back in with insulation.
 
TheProject said:

They're plaster walls

*cringe*

ugh.

yeah, the blow in insulation is easy to misjudge and can crack the walls (well, there are a few types of them - but if it is the kind that expands, then it is easy - which is why it is usually not done on existing walls and isntead almost always done on new construction).

even just the attic insulation would help out a ton - and new windows if you don't already have them.
heat gradients aren't all that different horizontally, but vertically (due to convection) are where it is at.

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but in Rochester, it made a huge difference adding some serious attic insulation.
and it is pretty cheap relative to what you save in heating/cooling costs.
(all kinds of it utterly suck to work with though - the pink panther shit smells so nasty - like rotting tuna... or as my coworkers said... well, you know)
 
AngelEyes said:
I'm in Florida and mine is between $80.00 - $120.00 a month year round....and I've had my A/C on since at least March...

It's getting hot in here....so take of all your clothes.....:p

The ONLY time I don't have the A/C off is January. I hate the hate the heat and humidity here. Our bills have been around $85 but that's for a 1 bedroom apartment.
 
HappyScrappy said:

even just the attic insulation would help out a ton - and new windows if you don't already have them.
heat gradients aren't all that different horizontally, but vertically (due to convection) are where it is at.

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but in Rochester, it made a huge difference adding some serious attic insulation.
and it is pretty cheap relative to what you save in heating/cooling costs.
(all kinds of it utterly suck to work with though - the pink panther shit smells so nasty - like rotting tuna... or as my coworkers said... well, you know)

Yeah, I expect it will help a lot. I do level pay on my gas bill, and it's $170/month. Good thing I do that, or in the winter, I'd have some $1000 gas bills.

I have some new windows, but there's still about 10-15 that need to be replaced. A lot to be done, and not enough money.

I didn't mind working with the fiberglass all that much. Made sure to buy heavy gloves, wore goggles, mask, long sleeves, all that, and it only took me maybe an hour to do a full room.

The nice thing about 10 foot ceilings is the rolls are the perfect length. Not much cutting.

Plus, with true 2x4's, no need to staple. Just wedge it in between the studs.
 
Mine is $150-$180 during the summer. "Phoenix Arizona summers are a bit warm" it drops to $40-$60 after summer.
 
It hovers in the 250 range in the summer time.

Winter it's around 120.
 
spatts said:
...but for the record, Project has the coolest house! It's a big, old historic home, and holds SO many memories...has SO much character. He even found the diaries of a lil girl that lived in that house like 100 years ago. It's an amazing place. I'd suffer the electric bill to own it.

aw, thanks.

Some of the best memories I have are of things that happened in that house.

:)
 
spatts said:
...but for the record, Project has the coolest house! It's a big, old historic home, and holds SO many memories...has SO much character. He even found the diaries of a lil girl that lived in that house like 100 years ago. It's an amazing place. I'd suffer the electric bill to own it.

diaries of a little girl? sounds like a really bad ozzy album.

are you sure they were from 100s of years ago? I'd say more, but that is just plain wrong.

you got pictures of this house?
pics of the samoan neighbor?
 
spatts said:
Mine's about 100-120, if I have the AC blasting. That's for 3000 square feet, traditional ranch. Do you have an electric water heater? If so, set that puppy to 125-130 degrees and see if that helps. My husband likes to crank that thing up so that the water comes out of the tap steaming, but you only need it so hot to kill bacteria, and anything over that and you're paying to heat water to a temp you'll never use.

I hava a gas water heater.
I have a two story Tudor House, it's about 2800 sq. ft.
The air cond. unit is very old, that's probaby why the
Elec. bill is to high..
The insulation & the double pain windows we added has helped.
But we really need a new air cond. unit..

But $$$$$$$ So one day that will have to be change..

Project your house sounds like you have a beautiful old home..
Would love to see a pic. I love big old house..

Is the plumbing all redone?



When I lived in So. Ca. I didn't even have air cond.!!!!
We never needed it..

Pamela
 
HappyScrappy said:


diaries of a little girl? sounds like a really bad ozzy album.

are you sure they were from 100s of years ago? I'd say more, but that is just plain wrong.

you got pictures of this house?
pics of the samoan neighbor?

The diaries are pretty cool, and they're probably from 1880's-1890's. I've got the handwritten originals, and my mom retyped them years ago.

I do have pictures, not digital tho. You're not the first person to ask. I'll have to get some together.

No shots of the Samoan neighbor. Thankfully he's either moved or has just decided not to bother me.

And the "kids" that were staying with some of my other neighbors...wow, that was fun. Nothing like filing a stolen auto report on your neighbor's houseguests.
 
whoa, I missed the stolen auto - your car got stolen by visiting punks?
I think you should pull a Big Lebowski and take a baseball bat to the most expensive car on the street as a way of showing not to fuck with TheProject. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS!!
 
HappyScrappy said:
whoa, I missed the stolen auto - your car got stolen by visiting punks?
I think you should pull a Big Lebowski and take a baseball bat to the most expensive car on the street as a way of showing not to fuck with TheProject. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS!!

ah, you missed it because I haven't told the whole story. I'll have to throw that onto another thread, rather than drag this one to another level.

I'm not sure, but I think my vehicle may be the most expensive on the street, so your idea may be counterproductive. Sure would get me some attention tho.
 
For those of you that were interested...

Here's a pic of my living room...kinda gives you an idea of what all the first floor woodwork is like.

The ceilings are around 10ft., and this is the only room I've gutted and redone so far.

Living%20Room.jpg
 
Top Bottom