Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much CARDIO?!

If you're trying to lose fat as much fat as you can in one month (aren't we all?), how much cardio would you do and how often? I have heard people say that doing it in the morning makes a significant improvement over doing it at night or in the afternoon, and others say that's not true. What constitutes overtraining for cardio? (I am hard to overtrain). I realize that everyone's body responds differently to things. Take into account that I gain strength easily but have a real, real hard time losing fat. (This makes me a mesomorph I think). Assume I'm eating a clean diet and doing the multimeal thing and lifting.

Cardio is all an individual thing like dieting is.....everyones gonna react differently. I would do it in the a.m. on an empty stomach...I would also do some hiit training...w/ some long low-mod sessions of 60 minutes as well...rotating. If you need to lose fast and depending on how much I would really focus on your diet!!!!! Thats where it starts..

I have to agree with new@gettinbig on this----

I too have a hard time losing fat---but I have it decent when gaining muscle and strength

Last month for 3 weeks I did MAJOR cardio--at least 1-1 1/2 hours a day, plus weight training---and I lost almost nothing!!!

Then I went back to doing high intensity 3 times a week, and training as heavy as I could---and cut out fruit, and ate very clean--which for me means no supplements with high sugar, only oatmeal and brown rice for carbs, except 1-2 myoplex shakes, and I'm losing fat ALOT faster now then when I did the high cardio. I also increased my olive oil intake from 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp--that helped as well.

Jennifer,
You know what, I'm going to try doing what you said. I've also tried doing massive amounts of cardio and watched no fat loss occur (my endurance will go up, thats it though). What exactly did you do for those few cardio sessions?

h.i.i.t= high intensity interval training= jog-sprint-jog-sprint-jog.................. burn much more fat than your average joes leisurely walk on the treadmill listening to a redhot boys 2 men!! bottom line get that heart rate up dont be afraid to sweat cause u dont wanna smell like ass!! get deep into the trenches the same way u would do lifting weights!!

I changed-up my cardio and got better results in less time. I was the cardio queen on the treadmill. I would go for an hour with no results :( :( Recently, I started going to the track and doing bleachers for my cardio. I don't even run, just walk up the stairs, using every other step, then jog down and over to the next set of stairs. I do it for half the time and see a big difference compared to the treadmill. Not to mention the leg and butt workout you get:D :D . It's great cardio!!

starfish:D

Last edited:
Yeah, what everyone else said. Drop your processed carbs to ZERO (keep stuff like oats, brown rice, beans etc...) and increase intensity in everything (weights AND sprints/intevals). Turn your body into a fat-burning machine not an endurance athlete.

ive been told that powerwalking for an hour on an empty stomach is the best way to lose fat..as ure body prefers fat stores as apposed to carb stores when u exercise this way.
I have tried it for about a month and have lost about 3% bf. I dont really think i look that different, but tyhe measurements tell me otherwise.

Top Bottom