Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much carbs?

I plan to do some cardio in the morning, but honestly for the next 2 weeks or so it's probably going to be just light cardio. I'm lookig to lose 5-10 lbs.

what does your diet look like now?
what does your cardio look like now?
it all depends on what you are doing now.. what are your stats?

The lowest level you can tolerate and stick to the diet with. 0 carbs would most likely be the most ideal, but if you can't stay at that level then it isn't ideal for you. Generally you should try to stay below 50g if possible, and get them all from green vegetables. Calories are the deciding factor w/ fat loss, but lowering carbs spares more muscle, usually controls apetite better, and makes the process faster. Go w/ what u can stay w/ and if you can handle none then that would most likely be best.

I'd second PwB's advice. Focus on eating no carbs (you'll still eat some because they are insidious) and try for 260 grams of protein, spread through the day.

If you drink plenty of water you could lose that weight in a month, with sensible cardio. 20 minutes, 4x per week is all that I do.

What is your LBM (lean body mass), all weight minus bodyfat? Figure that out and you can get a more precise answer, but for something general, if you want to lose the weight fast.
Start w/ 1200 calories a day. Take in 110-120g protein a day mostly from meat. 120g protein is 480 calories.
1200 - 480 = 720 calories remaining.
Figure your carb intake, say its 20g from greens, thats 80 calories. That leaves 640 calories from fat.
640 / 9 = 71g fat.
Figure how many meals, say 4 meals. Thats 30g protein a meal, 17-18g fat, and 5g carbs. This is a starting point, adjust calories based on weekly changes (weight, appearance, etc). Some benefit from a higher % of calories from protein, others from fat, thats something to experiment with later. If you need to make adjustments later let me know.

Again, try to stick w/ mainly meats, poultry, fish (steak, ground beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, etc) for protein sources.

Fats from meats, fish oils, nuts, olive oil and coconut oil.

carbs from greens (broccoli, spinach, green beans, asparagus, salads)

PwB said:
What is your LBM (lean body mass), all weight minus bodyfat? Figure that out and you can get a more precise answer, but for something general, if you want to lose the weight fast.
Start w/ 1200 calories a day. Take in 110-120g protein a day mostly from meat. 120g protein is 480 calories.
1200 - 480 = 720 calories remaining.
Figure your carb intake, say its 20g from greens, thats 80 calories. That leaves 640 calories from fat.
640 / 9 = 71g fat.
Figure how many meals, say 4 meals. Thats 30g protein a meal, 17-18g fat, and 5g carbs. This is a starting point, adjust calories based on weekly changes (weight, appearance, etc). Some benefit from a higher % of calories from protein, others from fat, thats something to experiment with later. If you need to make adjustments later let me know.

Again, try to stick w/ mainly meats, poultry, fish (steak, ground beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, etc) for protein sources.

Fats from meats, fish oils, nuts, olive oil and coconut oil.

carbs from greens (broccoli, spinach, green beans, asparagus, salads)

thanks!!! Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but how do I calculate my LBM?

Top Bottom