Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much calcium when eating lots of protein?

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
im curious to know if there is a figure/amount of calcium that is needed when eating a lot of protein (more animal protein)

since animal prtotein leeches calcium out of the bones, you need a bit more in your diet to replace it. but if you have too much it can affect the absorbtion of other things. so i was just wondering if there was a ball park figure....:)

Don't you need Ca for strong bones ?

if you dont eat enough calcium and eat a lot of animal protein, the sulphur groups present in the protein will leech calcium out of your bone and your body excretes this in your urine. this makes the bones weaker

itcan lead to pain in the joints and weaker bones i think. the weightlifting makes the bones a bit stronger but by putting stress on em its a bit dangerous

i was just curious as to how much more calcium should be eaten. i alwready drink 1 litre of milk a day anyhow, plus whatevers in the whey and caesin and other dietary sources, i just wondered if there was some sort of scale or you just play it by ear. ive been doing the latter :)

Ca pills are very cheap
Apart from Zn you should not worry about taking a lot of Ca

I'm used to take a Ca/Mg pill

my doctor said it is very important to supplement ca if u aretaking alot of protein. she recommended me to take 500mg-1000mg of calcium citrate not carbonate.....

Top Bottom