Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Many Sets Of Squats do you Do?

110, this program has worked wonders, strength and size wise for almost every body part for me.
The way I do it is that I warm up thoroughly, then go to working sets. The key is to make sure that you can do 5 sets of 5 reps, all in good form on a certain weight. Once you can do that, add 5-10lbs to the bar for the next week. You can generally keep this progression up for a while, adding all kinds of weight to your key exercises.
Here is an example of my quad routine:
5 minutes on treadmill to warm up knees
45lbs for 10 reps
135 for 8 reps
225 for 5 reps
315 for 5 reps
365 for 2-3 reps
405 for 5x5
The warm up can be changed to suit your individual needs. After the 5x5, pick 1-2 exercises, for 2 sets each of 8-10 reps. This is the cornerstone of my entire routine and has brought me up from 150lbs to 220lbs.

I don't count warm up sets as working sets as they are just to warm up my muscles and joints and only take minimal effort. I guess it depends how you look at it.

Warm-up 45lbs for 20and 155 for 15
Then to real deal
245 for 12
315 for 8
185 untill total failure I use safety bars for this one

3 sets of leg extension 140lbs all untill failure
3 sets of leg curls untill about 90 lbs failure

then calves three set till failure
total 30 minutes. all high bar squats and past parrallel

I do the 5x5 also. I got it from football. That shit really works. I put on some serious mass on the quads quickly. I was trying a different routine but I am running back wit the quickness to the 5x5 because of the burn that I leave the gym with and the instanteous results. Its the shit , please believe me!!

I don't count warm-up sets either...I think that is cheating your body. You know that little bullshit doesn't effect you. "GO HEAVY" then start counting.

"OBESSED" said:
I do the 5x5 also. I got it from football. That shit really works. I put on some serious mass on the quads quickly. I was trying a different routine but I am running back wit the quickness to the 5x5 because of the burn that I leave the gym with and the instanteous results. Its the shit , please believe me!!

I don't count warm-up sets either...I think that is cheating your body. You know that little bullshit doesn't effect you. "GO HEAVY" then start counting.

Exactly, everyone that I've put on that program has made great gains in size and strength!

I switch between deep leg presses, or hack squats, depending on what I feel like doing, for 2 sets of 8-10reps, with a drop set after the last one, and that's it for quads. I then do a few sets of laying extensions for hams and I'm out.

are you sore after this, today i did it and i never really get too sore on my quads for some reason, i need to go more intense i think, though newayz when i do like 15, 12, 10, 8 my legs still burn and i walk weird haha, but the 5 X 5 i didnt really feel as much.

I don't get crazy sore from the workout, if anything, maybe from the higher rep 2nd exercise, but the key to the program is the progressive adding of weight over time. If you only add 5 lbs to a bar every week, doesn't sound like much but that's 40lbs over 8 weeks, and your body will grow to compensate for the steadily increasing weight.
In the fall I finally decided to give gear a try, combined the 5x5 program with 2 VERY mild cyles, I've added almost 100lbs to my squat, 145lbs to my deadlift, and 90lbs to my bench.
But previously, just on creatine, if I timed everything right I could usually add at least 5lbs to the bar for all my major exercises for the 8 weeks at a time that I would use it

Top Bottom