Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many exercises per body part?

35andfeel19:

I guess I could have been clearer with my adivce:

15yroldinNY wants to do 5-8 exercises per bodypart, I advised him that doing 6 exercises at 3 sets for 10 reps (=18 sets of 10reps) is plenty.

It is plenty, indeed. When initially starting training people don't always lift very heavy in order to first learn correct form, etc. Doing that many sets/reps on one bodypart is perfectly all right when they are only working that one bodypart per day.

Otherwise I advised that 12-15 sets (=4 or 5 exercises for 3 sets) is fine per bodypart.

All this is assuming he works each bodypart once per week, and does one bodypart each day. Which I guess I should have made clear.

Now, if my adivce stil PISSES you off I suggest YOU ignore it. But don't call it BULLSHIT, because I know what I am talking about.

Apart from that I can't fault your advice as in keeping to strict form, diet/supplements etc.

But if you have a different opinion to mine, then just say so. No need to call mine BULLSHIT, it makes you look like 35andact12.

Sorry, if I am being a little harsh. We may just learn to disagree, RESPECTFULLY.

hradgainer (there)

35andfeel19 said:
It absolutely PISSES me off when someone answers a legitimate question with BULLSHIT information.

18 sets of 10 reps. What is that, 6 exercises for 3 sets of 10 PER BODYPART for a BEGINNER? A15 YEAR OLD BEGINNER?

Good Advice einstein1, It's a damn shame that we have to go through measures like that because of a very few DAMN IDIOTS on this board.

Good Luck

I only tell the truth... so let's not be too hypocritical shall we?

Hardgainer,

I guess I miss understood WHAT it was you were saying.

The way I understood it was you were telling this kid to do 5 or six exercises per body part ie Chest or shoulders or arms, although this would work for a leg routine.

I would take that as something like 3 sets of Incline Benches, 3 sets on flat, 3 sets of declines, 3 sets of flys and 3 sets each of two other exercises. That sounded like it would result in a serious case of overtraining or possibly even injury.

As a father of a 16 and 15 year old I guess I got a little upset by what, I thought, was poor and irresponsible advice. I've picked up allot of good advice on this site but I have had to weed through a bit of "Bullshit" myself.

This Kid is looking for advice. I got the impression that you weren't being entirely responsible in providing same.

I've seen it on this board before and so have you.

I guess I overreacted, I'm Sorry. I don't think you were being "a little harsh". I think I was more than a little cutthroat in my reaction. Now I'm dinning on a nice fat crow.

Read through the thread again. Maybe you can see how I came to that conclusion.

Valdez,

I don't know where you came to the conclusion that I was a hypocrite. Maybe you would like to clear that up for me and if you feel that I lied about something maybe you could point that out to me as well.

either way,

PEACE

35andfeel19:

No problem bro, not worrying about it no more.

Anyways, you are right that we should not give poor and irresponsible advice to anyone and certainly not to 15 year old board members.

As for 15yroldinNY: You got a fair amount of advice for your question already here, well done. Don't forget that not all advice is always correct and always do a search for your questions.

hardgainer (chilling)

Chest: 12 - 15 sets (~ 4 exercises)
Biceps: 8 sets
Triceps: 8 sets
Back: 12 sets
Legs: 12 - 15 sets
Shoulders: 16 sets

Most people will probably disagree with shoulders, but your deltoids are a very complicated muscle group that should be worked very hard from many angles to ensure productive growth.

Too many sets guys.

No more than 6 sets in total for large body parts e.g. Chest, back, legs.

No more than 4 for small e.g. biceps, shoulders, triceps etc...

I would personally suggest lowering reps to between 4-8 so you can lift heavier. Rememeber strength = size [if diet is sorted]. But on the day, if you can squeeze out extra reps then do so.

Rememeber, all sets to failure.

I like to do one warm up set, and do 4 working sets of 8 for each bodypart. I do only one excercise for each musclegroup for a total of 4 sets for each bodypart. I make pretty good size and strength gains with this.

Top Bottom