Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does cooked chicken last in the fridge?

Cut said:

damn. I sometimes eat week old chicken.

my fridge is kinda small so anything that gets cooked gets eaten quickly....

i never chance it when it comes to meat though...

Brings up an interesting (yet sick) story from a few years back.

When I was in high school, I sometimes hung out with this one guy, who was fairly possessive about food. Me and my homey who lived down his street would always go over to his place and he'd be eating some shit, sometimes he'd let us have some grub, other times he'd be all uptight. He was a pretty eccentric dude and had definite emotional problems, so we kinda understood. It was more funny than anything.

Anyway, one day, his mom brings in a bucket of chicken from KFC. We're talkin like a 15 piece bucket or something. My friend and I are like "whats up on a piece of that chicken?" and he was like "you guys cant have any". After devouring several pieces, my acquaintance decides that he has to take a shit. He got up to go, then he realized that he couldnt reasonably leave his chicken out in the open (he was right, we would have eaten minimum 2 pieces). So what does he do?!

He walks over to his bed, reaches under and grabs a metal box and a giant bulletproof lock. He proceeds to pour all of the chicken into the box, locked it, and walked out of the room. My friend and I had a really good laugh while he was gone and decided we wouldnt press the issue.

Almost a week later, we decide to go back over. While there, our friend decides he is hungry. We watched in horror as he went to his bed, reached under, and pulled out the box, which contained ROOM TEMPERATURE chicken that had been sitting there for 6-7 days, and started eating it. I was seriously like "WHAT THE FUCK!".

I won't usually eat it if it's been in the fridge longer than 4 days. I like to cook twice a week, pack it into gladware, and grab it on the go.

I use those frozen chicken cutlets.

Then just put them on my foreman grill for cooking, and then subsequant eating.

Makes a quick and tasty meal.

But if I set my tolerace level at food with mold....... :)

Fonz

ok, to all those who use the foreman, how do you stop the outside of the food burning without undercooking the inside?

do u let the grill heat to its full/highest temp (like it says) or slap in the meat straight away

Top Bottom