Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do preworkouts last?

Leldann

I have a very physical job, and sometimes I feel like I am struggling. When I go to train, I use preworkouts, and they make it easier to go through the training. How long do these pre-workouts work? If I took some before those bad days, would they last me for a shift?

Well, many preworkouts will differ in the way they work, so it is hard to tell exactly – all of them will have different ingredients with differing ratios. I think that it would be rather safe to say that they will last 2-3 hours. At most 4. But definitely not for an entire work shift. Perhaps you should consider having a good meal rich in protein before going to work – this energy will last you for long. Also, buckwheat has a very long lasting energy boost, so it might be a good idea as well.

Back when I actually did physically hard work I found that I needed food to boost my energy towards the end of a long shift. I'd start between 5-6am and sometimes work through to 10pm. The canteen at work only opened between 7am and 3pm. So I'd buy sandwiches, bananas and snacks to keep in my locker. Then, if we got a spare ten minutes, I'd shovel that food in like a bitch.

If not stick some flapjacks in your pocket and eat as you work.

Caffeine has a half life of 6 hours. The pre-workout will really hit you the first 3-4 hours and then it'll start to wear off.

Using a pre-workout at your day job might be a bad idea because when it starts to wear off, you will crash and feel even more tired.

Try drinking hot green tea. It'll give you a natural increase in energy with no crash.

It is really no different than just drinking coffee before work. You will feel that the same amount of time as a pre workout.

Top Bottom