Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How fast should I be losing fat?

C

Cuts

Me: 25yo 5'10" 185lbs @ 23% bf. I've been an endomorph with a slow BMR since birth. I've finally decided to go for a 6-pack... no matter what or how long it takes. So, I've been dieting strict, doing intense AM cardio, and lifting religiously for about 8 weeks now. Net result... I've lost about 4 lbs of fat and gained like 2 lbs of muscle so far. Is this a normal pace for fat loss, or is this too slow (seems like it to me)? I'm eating about 1800 cal/day at 50/40/25 P/C/F. I'm also on creatine and taking AM ECA. Any suggestions for adjustments I could make to speed up my progress (i.e. speed up fat loss)? Summer's right around the corner... I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

First of all, your bf seems way high for your height and weight. How are you measuring it?

As for you diet, I'd lower the carbs to 25 or 30 and make sure they are low GI. Also, get rid of the creatine and you'll lose quite a bit of water right away. You don't need it when you're cutting.

50/40/25?

How did you determine fat loss and muscle gain? Did you see lower BF%? Two pounds of fat per week would be great.

Why not cut the carbs out and increase your fats for energy....my metabolism sucks a big one and the only way I see a dramatic difference is if I drastically lower my carbs (30g before noon) or just cut them out all together....try a keto diet

Well, in my limited personal experience it seems like how much weight you have to lose plays a factor too. When i first started i was loosing 2-5lbs a week, but i was also 285 (5'11") Now that i'm sub 200 its slowed to about a half a pound a week or so. As long as your losing, clothes fit better, then its all good.

Cuts----

I have the exact body type......I lose fat very slow

Don't cut carbs!! I did that, and it didn't do SHIT for me, all it did was make me tired. It may work for some, but it actually slowed my metabolism.

Make sure your eating enough fish.....this helps alot. Get at least a couple cans a tuna in, and salmon each week.

Eat veggies with 2-3 meals.....at least 1 cup

Also, eating fruit has helped me lose fat!! Believe it or not. I try to get at least 1 piece in every 2 days.

Fat loss is different for every person. I typically lose 1-3 pounds of fat per month, and I work my ass off!! I'm not complaning, just stating my experience

Last edited:
gymtime said:
First of all, your bf seems way high for your height and weight. How are you measuring it?

As for you diet, I'd lower the carbs to 25 or 30 and make sure they are low GI. Also, get rid of the creatine and you'll lose quite a bit of water right away. You don't need it when you're cutting.

Well, my Tanita scale (yes, I know they're pretty inaccurate) actually says I'm around 28%, but I'm actually estimating that I'm more like 23%... just from my experience in having seen others and knowing their bf%s. I have experimented with super-low carb diets, and although it seems like I do lose fat somewhat faster, I lose muscle too! Now I'm not a huge guy to begin with, so I kinda want to hang on to what muscle I do have...

jennifer said:
Cuts----

I have the exact body type......I lose fat very slow
Don't cut carbs!! I did that, and it didn't do SHIT for me, all it did was make me tired. It may work for some, but it actually slowed my metabolism.
Make sure your eating enough fish.....this helps alot. Get at least a couple cans a tuna in, and salmon each week.
Eat veggies with 2-3 meals.....at least 1 cup
Also, eating fruit has helped me lose fat!! Believe it or not. I try to get at least 1 piece in every 2 days.
Fat loss is different for every person. I typically lose 1-3 pounds of fat per month, and I work my ass off!! I'm not complaning, just stating my experience

Is that you in your Avatar?

Yeah, cutting out carbs completely really affects my cerebral capablities (I'm still a student), not to mention causes me to lose muscle. Are you doing BFL right now? B/c the diet I'm following now is basically a BFL diet... just with somewhat less carbs and more protein. Thanks for the fish tip... I'll give it a try.

One thing I've actually been wondering about is this: Is it possible that I'm eating to FEW calories? I mean, 1800 is pretty low for a guy my size... maybe so low that it's slowing down my BMR? I dunno, it's just a theory (or maybe I just want an excuse to eat more ;)), but maybe upping my cals to like 2200/day would work better? More muscle gain and more fat loss? Any takers :)???

1800 sounds Really low, Whatever your daily burn rate is I'd go 500 under that, which leaves 3500 calories burned a week (1 pound of fat).

Top Bottom