Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How does everyone feel?

hardbdygrl

Hey girls,,,,,,,, i was just sitting here watching MTV and they had a special on about Allyiha and her death. I was just wondering how everyone feels about this tradgedy. When ever i hear anything about it I get the chills.. i think it is sooooo sad she was only 22,, the same age as me. It makes u realize how you can never take anything for granted. I live in florida so its all over the radio and stuff, b/c it happened while she was on her way to miami.

A Dj on NewYorks HOT 97 radio station made fun of her death so it made alot of people angry. They started a petition to get this guy off the air. If anyone is interested in signing it you can go to

www.petitiononline.com/star and put ur name on it...............

ok well just wanted to hear what everyone thought
:confused:

So so sad....i get to feelin real weird if i see it on tv....freaks me out....makes you really sit back and wonder about stuff. So young and just getting started:(

It is very sad... A very good friend of mine died last year b/c of a stupid accident and he was only 22 also.. It's very sad that things like this happen....:(

Supaphat

Sure it's sad, but then I read some articles about what is going on in Macedonia, or Israel/Palestine and think about the amount of tragedy they have lived through and wonder how this story got so big in comparison.

damnnn i know... i cant get that out of my head...especially b/c all the stations are playing her music non-stop. its so horrible. poor girl..and omg..her poor family:( so sad. im with new -- it really does make u sit back and take things into perspective. i mean ...who would have thought ....at age 22!?!?!? geez... its a shame.

Yes, this is very sad and unfortunate, but I think if they would of listen too the baggage handlers at the airport maybe they would all be alive today. This morning the investigators did say it was becuz the plane was too heavy not because of the pilot not being unexperienced.
They could of always went back for the gear or have it sent out seperatly.

god bless her and everyone that was aboard the plane.

Everyone is focusing on her, but what about everyone else on the plane, they have family and friends too and noone recgonizes them:(

CherryPie, I thought that too. Yes, it is tragic. But why are people so attached to their "stuff"? Americans just seem to worship their toys, define themselves by them, devote their lives to pursuing them. And in this case risk death for them.

Might get flamed for that. I seriously don't mean disrespect, or that it mitigates the tragedy for all involved. It's just ... it didn't have to happen. No one is more powerful than Nature. Nature does not care about our Stuff.

Aaliyah

I think that it was a combination of things that led to this tragedy. Too much weight and a pilot who was not authorized to fly that aircraft. He also had a cocaine possession charge less than two weeks prior (according to what I've read he had up to 60 days to inform the airline -- now that's real BULLSHIT). He may have been under the influence of something. It was the airline's responsibility to make sure 1) that particular pilot was not in the cockpit (if he did not have the authorization for that type of plane) and 2) the weight limit be strictly adhered to because of the size of the plane and 3) the plane was throughly check out before departure. I'm no pilot but if I were I would not consider taking up a plane if I had any concerns about the safety of doing so. Based on the schedule they kept while they were in the Bahamas, the passengers were exhausted and just wanted to get home. The ultimate decision to take off was the pilot's and the airline could have/should have, but unfortunately did not put a big thumbs down on so much cargo.

From everything I've ever heard, Aaliyah was a beautiful and very special young woman, a talented singer and a promising actress. She always had both feet on the ground and her image was spotless – a true role model for young people. She gave money to charity, appreciated her fans (never getting a "big head"), and cherished her family and friends. Truly a bright light among today's celebs.

Her potential was unlimited and her passing is a great loss to many. She will be sorely missed by those who loved her up close and by those who admired her from afar.:bawling: :newbie:

Top Bottom