Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you guys measure your chest?

blood_drinker

Exactly, how do you measure your chest?
To me, it seems as if you put a measuring tape around your back going through your chest, that's a bullshit measurement - as you can have huge lats and a relatively mediocre chest - so say you have a massive back - it will help you put in the inches - and give away an insignificant measurement.

Is there another way, or am I measuring wrong altogether?

With my method, my chest is at 45 inches. Not too bad for a relative beginner...:) But I'm sure Im doing it wrong lol...

well ?

Thats the only way.
But do it two times the first relaxed the second flexed.

Yes, having big lats will mean your chest measurement will be greater, so what? Means you ought to focus on working your lats and back as well as your chest.

To make a point, what is called "chest measurement" could be more accurately called "upper body measurement".
It's best to let somebody else do your measurement for you while you ensure that the measuring tape goes accross your nipple line.

Measurements are subjective anyhow, an enormously fat guy can easily have 18"+ arms and a 50"+ chest.
It's physique that counts.

hardgainer (not so worried about measurements)

I wouldn't worry so much about your measurements and worry a little more about on good quality muscle. Use the mirror as your guide. Doesn't really matter how big your chest, shouldres, arms, legs are if you look like shit.

Personally, I find that taking measurements is a good way to measure progress/regression. Sometimes just looking in the mirror can be a little too subjective. But like AH said - you might have 18" and it not mean jack.

Top Bottom