Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I become a personal trainer?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Was interested in "possibly" becoming a personal trainer. Is there anyone here that can answer a few questions for me?

im trying to figure out the same thing. what i did so far is type in ACSM then the community college i go to in google and i found a course they offer there, its one class for $375. then you take the ACSM test to get a certification. then i think when you got all that you go apply at a gym.

im trying to figure out the same thing. what i did so far is type in ACSM then the community college i go to in google and i found a course they offer there, its one class for $375. then you take the ACSM test to get a certification. then i think when you got all that you go apply at a gym.

That easy? Nah. I don't think its that easy. There must be more to it.

Then why on some sites I hear trainers saying I took this test followed by this and by that and then I went back again and got my other certification for this and that. Seems like it never ends.

Then why on some sites I hear trainers saying I took this test followed by this and by that and then I went back again and got my other certification for this and that. Seems like it never ends.

there are other certifications like working with handicap people. and im sure theyres more classes to take to put more on your resume. still trying to figure it out myself theyres gotta be personal trainers on here that can chime in

If you want an ACSM certification you have to get the manuals and then take a one or 3 day course for certified personal trainer. There is a hefty exam at the end and you have be really know your stuff. do you know what actin and myosin are? The krebs cycle? ADP v.s. ATP? etc.etc. It is a major test and no joke. You have to be familiar with understanding VO2 max, senior fitness concerns, pregnancy, cholesterol levels. Cardiac rehab stuff....on and on. It is totally passable but do not take it lightly.

There are easier certifications to attain such as the ACE exam. You can get the manual and then sign up to take the test.

Top Bottom