Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How can I accurately determine the type of muscle fibers I have?

Cackerot69 said:
Alex disappears...

No. I am just busy to answer every reply.

Anyways. If going heavy is the solution for big muscles - ANSWER THIS HOTSHOT!

We can agree that powerlifters are stronger than bodybuilders. We know that they can squat with 88-1000 pounds, bench in 600s, and deadlifts near 1000 pounds. Why aren't they so damn big then?

Many bodybuilders have trouble benching 315pounds yet their chests are MUCH LARGER than most powerliftrs (who lift 600 pounds and more)???

Many bodybuilders have trouble curling 60 pounds... I seen many people with weak biceps curling much more!!!

yeh!

*Yawn*

This is all quite simple, really.

In short, powerlifters have more efficient nervous systems, greater tendon strength, etc. They also completely ignore all hypertrophy except for Type IIB myofibrillar, simply because other hypertrophies add non-fuctional mass. Bodybuilders try to maximize the various way a muscle can grow, Type I, and II contractile and non-contractile hypertrophies, which in the end equates to less pound for pound strength, but a greater muscle mass.

Powerlifters are concerned about getting a weight from a to b in the most effvicient way. Unless they are competing in a weight class then they tend to carry a lot of fat mass as this improves leverage making it easier to get the weight from a to b. If you look at those in weight classess, especially olympic weightlifters the sheer muscle density especially in the legs is equal if not better than that of a lot of bodybuilders.

The test that Charles Poliquin recommended along with Arthur Jones, etc, etc. Is to take 80%of your one rep max on single joint movement. It starts to become a pain in the ass when if you find out that you've got a fast twitch chest and slow twitch tris along with slow twitch delts. On deadlifts and squats, it could be the same case scenario. An easy way would be to go for at least 30 to 60 seconds for a time under tension. If you don't notice results and actually regress, then you could try multiple low rep sets. If you are really fast twitch, you'll blow up like a balloon on this and become very strong very quick if you've been doing sets of 10 to 15 reps. Either way, I have this feeling you don't have enough muscle to become completely anal over time under tension just yet.

Top Bottom