Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How bad is cereal when leaning out

D00fy

Any suggestions about cereal,somedays i have oatmealor fiber one cereal since is mostly fiber in the monring with my cottage cheese and egg whites......what about cottage cheese,,, goal is to lean out

CHEERIOS 1cup serving
Calories: 110.0 Calories from Fat: 16.2
Total Fat: 1.8 g Percent Fat: 14.7 %
Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 284.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 23.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 3.0 g

Kellogs Corn Flakes1 cup serving
Calories: 102.0 Calories from Fat: 1.8
Total Fat: 0.2 g Percent Fat: 1.8 %
Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 298.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 24.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 2.0 g

As long as total calorie levels are below maintenance, then you will not gain much, if any fat. However, if you are sensitive to a high carb meal (both by its carb total, and its high GI effects), then you may want to avoid these meals. High GI foods are not the best foods to consume when you want to promote lipolysis. Also, the addition of a milk might raise the insulinotrpic characteristics of the meal even more. This raises yet another matter, If you are sensitive to bloatedness by milk, then cereal/milk may not be of benefit in your goals. Both milk and cottage cheese have fairly high levels of sodium, and some people are sensitive to high levels of sodium, especially when the ratio of Na:K levels are out of whack. I would definately go with the cottage cheese over the milk in my personal opinion, but this is just a matter of how your body reacts to these foods. And of course, eliminate these foods the last week or 2 before your contests. Don't know if this answered your question or not. LATER!

MR. BMJ

thx Mr.BMJ i love cottage cheese thats all i have now......i am not dieting for contest so sodium isn't really a concern yet:p hehe, but the GI factor confuses me the cereal is high in GI?? how can this be if their is no sugar in this kind of cereal? what do you recommened from personal experiences of BFAST MEALS??

also i need help with the days i train,i have no time to prepare meals and starting monday i am having 40gram proitein shake but their is no carbs? what can i take? i work out in the morning empty stomach.......... THE PROTEIN i took before had 10gram carbs so it was 40p/20carbs

I buy some fiber cereal thing. Very low in carbs and has a crapload of fiber in there. Great for pooping... :toilet: and your body needs about 30g of fiber a day. Anyways the fiber will prevent the insulin spike found w/ most cereals i think.

A great cereal for leaning out or bulking is 'Kashi-Go Lean'......

It has 120 cals, 8 g of protein (6.5 g soy) and 10 g of fiber per serving (3/4 cup)...

Fiber slows down calorie and carbohydrate absorbtion and doesn;t cause blood sugar to sky rocket.....however,when bulking one probably would want their insulin spiked numerous tikes during the day, as insulin is extremely anabolic......

Plus, Kashi-Go lean is high in protein.....BTW, small amounts of Soy Protein are an excellent addition to one's protein intake.....while soy should not ever be one's main protein, 20-40 g a day is good, since soy is high in glutamine and has positive impacts on thyroid functions.......as for it raising your estrogen levels, while there are studies which say this, I think it is highly overblown, unless you consume large amounts of soy....

I think Kashi-Go Lean is a great bodybuilding cereal.

Well, how bad your insulin is going to spike is going to depend on how much carb intake you have daily more than just consuming "such and so" cereal. Man, i wish i could eat oatmeal. Something like oatmeal would throw me back a week or so ;) If carb intake is low, and severe form of increase in carbohydrate intake will cause effects on your insulin. Obviously there is a certain degree of difference, but i can see over shooting your carb count more easily than fat (at least for me). Keep in mind that a bowl of cheerios with milk can mount up to around 35 grams of carbs. Now, i don't remember what specific diet your on, but 35 grams can be a lot.......esp. if your like me who would go for a 2nd bowl ;)

God i miss Cheeros and Oatmeal. I shoulda never clicked the link :)

Top Bottom