Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hook a bro up with a good high rep calves routine?

Standing Calf Raises - 3x10 (less weight and do more reps if you want)
Calf Presses - 3x10 (ditto above)
Seated Calf Raises - Put a moderate amount of weight on, whatever you feel is alright. Do as many as possible, rest for 5-10 seconds. Do as many as possible, rest. Rinse and repeat for about 60-80 reps at the end of your workout. I can barely stand up afterwards.

tiger88 said:
i want to try a high rep program

any ideas for a high rep program for torching the calves

thanks

Nelson Montana's routine is insane.... 75 reps with 10 rep max rest pause everytime time you fail

Re: Re: hook a bro up with a good high rep calves routine?

OXANDRIN said:

Nelson Montana's routine is insane.... 75 reps with 10 rep max rest pause everytime time you fail

thats what heard about

but i dont feel like buying his book just that routine

and msbeverlyhills i haved played my share of rugby too :)

Standing calf raises 20 x 5, hold for 2 -3 seconds at the top. Will burn the fuck out your calfs.

Re: Re: hook a bro up with a good high rep calves routine?

OXANDRIN said:

I thought it was 25 rep max, rest 10-15 seconds, and continue untill you can get 75

Doggcrap's calve routine is good too.....

on either the leg press or hack squat sled do the following:

1. load the weight with a weight you can do about 15 reps to failure in a controlled motion
2. explode on the positive and do a (5 second negative)
3. at the bottom of the rep stretch your toes to your shins with for 10 seconds
4. explode the positive and repeat

you should perform.... positive then 5 sec negative, then 10 seconds stretch at bottom of the rep...repeat your legs should start shaking after 6-8 reps (get 12 if you can)

1 set is all you need if done correctly. the set should last 2-5 mins if done right!

Anice and easy routine done twice a week.
Standing calf raise on day 1:
1set of 20 pause at bottom and top-heavy weight
1set of 20 pause at bottom explosive reps on the way up-medium weight
1set of 20 as fast as possible-medium weight
1set of 50- light weight

do the same thing 3 days later but on a seated calf machine, standning will get the gastroc and seated will get the soleus

Lord_Suston said:
standning will get the gastroc and seated will get the soleus

Thanks LS, I always thought they hit the same muscles and it was just a matter of preference.

Top Bottom