Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High reps or low reps while juicing?

I still find it hard to believe the amount of sets that some guys are doing. Even going as far back as the eighties the great Lee Haney said that you should only do enough to stimulate the muscle NOT annihilate it! Even Dorian Yates who was the first to take mass building to the current freakish level, did so, despite average genetics using H.I.T. with only one working set per exercise to total failure! IMO it makes perfect sense cos the more we learn about the body and how it works the more we realise how easy it is to overtrain and that we should work smarter not harder which is why virtually nobody does two hour workouts anymore!
I personally only work out three times a week ie. Shoulders and Arms, Chest and Back and Legs with only three sets per bodypart using compound exercises and maybe an isolation exercise as a pre-exhaust and I'm in and out in under an hour! But there are some massive guys in my gym some of which only work out twice or even once a week, their reasoning being that because they are stronger their workouts are more intense and so the body needs more recovery time and believe me the results speak for themselves! Their opinion of people who workout five times a week are that they are adrenalin junkies!

call me crazy but doing more thna 5 set of any exercise on one bodypart was always considered overtrain and som of you sayingyou do 12- 20 sets of an average of 6-10 reps per sets that comes out to 100-200 reps I would imagine more than 4 sets of lifting just in chest would be suffient

I seriously overtrained while on a cycle, and it really messed me up. I was doing maybe 18 sets VERY hard, to failure, on each.

As part of natural training I have actually backed off to maybe 8-10 sets total per bopdypart per week (I was doing like 14). I feel a lot better. I am growing MORE. My joints ache LESS.

I might do like 8-10 sets, in the 6-12 rep range, and I have been doing the last set with a very hjigh number of reps. Like on chest day, I will do my 10 sets using varois regular exercises and maybe 6-10 reps per set. Then at the very end, I grab a light pair of dumbbells, and just do dumbell presses over and over and over and over (like up to 50) until I cannot do anymore. That gives me a huge pump before leaving the gym.

Burning_Inside said:
Just wondering, what would be a better route to take when juicing, would I see more results from doing high reps and just blowing out what I have (hypertrophy)or lift heavy and actually add more muscle (hyperplasia)? Or a mix of both?

ALSO: How many days a week should i lift when i start this? (I'm starting in a few weeks I'm all excited). Should I just hit each group once a week or twice?

Cardio or no? Want to do a test/winny/fina bulk cycle.

Hyperplasia is not proven.....it's only a theory.

there is alot of good reading if you do a search, I just read something about training procedures for the 3 body types, id look at that, take the advice for the body type you are..

Victor you are a machine Im shock you can do that you are a strong dude, my arms or legs would be dead after that to where I wouldn't feel like working out the next day. You have excellent genes man

Top Bottom