Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Intensity Training, what do you guys think?

DaCypher

I've recently found a rather different training philosophy called High Intensity Training. I was wondering if anyone else uses this technique or has even tried it? I've been following it for about 6 weeks now and have noticed incredible improvements. The hardest part about it for was to get myself to only workout twice a week (the program advocates low but slow sets done in short workouts somewhat infrequently). I used to workout about 4-5 times a week and once I switched to HIT I go at most 2 times/week. Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys think about it. Its much different than what most people think would be the most beneficial for weight training.

Yes HIT is good, particularly for hard gainers and those limited in time. I wouldn't call it the best approach out there but its a solid theory. If you are looking for absolute strength gains I'd look elsewhere but for hypertrophy its good. I'd limit going to failure though. Going to failure too often puts a tremendous strain on the CNS and in the long run can be counter productive and unnecessary. I, myself do not go to muscle failure as I don't see a reason for putting myself through such suffering when it has been proven to not be necessary to force a growth response. The part about the body somehow having a mechanism to force growth-response at muscle failure is psuedo science at best.

that's why you take a week off every 9 or so week jeremy :) either that or you stop short of failure every 3rd or 4th week.

HIT rocks mate but there are other good philosophies for other goals.

Top Bottom