Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High intensity cardio (>85%max) is too hard

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
if you want to do it 3 times a week

I've decreased a little the intensity and it is much better

Better for recovery
Better for the knees
Better for the heart (more than 40 min at more than 80%max is a lot of stress)

You can mix it up. Often workouts involve intervals / fartleks that put you in that high area for a short time and then take you out. I myself only do two speed workouts on the track and two or three spin sessions that "mix it up."

If you can do 40 minutes at 80-95% of max, I am impressed. Really impressed.

Recall that the goal of endurance training is to make your heart stronger / body more efficient. Two girls I know - one in great shape and the other in world-class shape - were out doing some bike work. They were sticking together, yet the girl who was in great shape found her hr at about 180 while the world class girl - mother of two and a few years older -was in the 120s.

From what I can tell, getting there takes a mix of intense and long training.

Synpax said:

You mean long training at moderate intensity ?

Synpax said:
You can mix it up. Often workouts involve intervals / fartleks that put you in that high area for a short time and then take you out. I myself only do two speed workouts on the track and two or three spin sessions that "mix it up."

If you can do 40 minutes at 80-95% of max, I am impressed. Really impressed.

Recall that the goal of endurance training is to make your heart stronger / body more efficient. Two girls I know - one in great shape and the other in world-class shape - were out doing some bike work. They were sticking together, yet the girl who was in great shape found her hr at about 180 while the world class girl - mother of two and a few years older -was in the 120s.

I do 45 minutes at 65-75% 7 days in am.. Would it be beneficial if every few minutes I threw in an 85 or 90 % for a minute or so?

Jesse1 said:
I do 45 minutes at 65-75% 7 days in am.. Would it be beneficial if every few minutes I threw in an 85 or 90 % for a minute or so?

Beneficial towards what? What is your goal?

Top Bottom