Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High BUN/Creatinine/TSH, and low testosterone.

Eighto

Just seeing if any one here can give me any nutritional insight to my health problem.

I've never smoked tobacco. Drink alcohol rarely. Vaporize marijuana occasionally. Never used any steroids. I have used creatine in the past.

I recently had my blood checked for the first time as far as I can remember. I got most everything checked. Vitamin levels were fine.

BUN levels were above high normal at 25 mg/dL (reference: 6-20)
Creatinine was above high normal at 1.43 mg/dL (reference: 0.76-1.27)
BUN/Creatinine Ratio was at 17 (reference: 8-19)
TSH was above high normal at 7.97 uIU/mL (reference: 0.45-4.5)
T4, Free(Direct) was 1.4 ng/dL (reference: 0.82-1.77)
Testosterone was below low normal at 225 ng/dL (reference: 348-1197)

Systolic blood pressure was also high at 142, after 4 weeks of healthy eating it's back down to normal at 118/78.

The walk-in doc told me to get ultrasound done on my kidneys and thyroid.

Kidney ultrasound impression:
Mild pyelocalyectasis in the right kidney, even on postvoid images.
Large prevoiding bladder volume of 655 cc with a large postvoid residual of 222 cc.

(the large bladder volume I think was just due to how much water I drank beforehand)

Thyroid ultrasound impression:
Enlarged thyroid gland with heterogeneous appearance and suggestion of multiple small nodules, although no discrete dominant nodules were clearly identified. Followup ultrasound would be of value.

After seeing these findings the doc told me to see an endocrinologist. She said they’re going to say that I have Hashimoto’s disease. She said if she had to bet, she would bet that I have a gluten intolerance, and that you can become intolerant to gluten after lots of exposure to it. I do not want to see the endo or do any further ultrasound tests if all that's needed is a lifestyle change such as avoiding alcohol/gluten/some other allergen or going easy on the protein intake for awhile (due to the BUN levels).

I and the doc also believe I have exercise-induced asthma since I cough and wheeze after heavy cardio exercise. I haven’t tried the inhaler she gave me yet. It’s possible I also have a light pollen allergy but I’ve never had that checked.

If you have any advice or have had similar symptoms, please let me know. Thanks!

Top Bottom