Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High BF%, Weight loss HELP!!

this thread is the shit..it answered allot of my questions. im a new guy to this site as-well...good luck with your weight loss bro. Im on the same boat and heading in the right direction due to this web site and all the info available and definitely the right diet and cardio does wonders

let me put some in..

your liver holds between 300-400 cals of glycogen = elevated heart rate (interval training) will exhaust that.. 30-40 minutes..

after that do 30-40 minutes of low intensity training.. that would be 60% of your training heart rate.. by doing low intensity and remember we depleted your glycogen stores, (same as fasted in the am) you will be burning fat as the source of energy..

then pwo do the refeed shake.. your ppw (post post workout meal) should be the most critical.. with complex carbs and protein..

man you guys are making this way too complicated for him...

1st of all quit wasting your time doing all those ab exercises! you need to improve your split and do only heavy compounds lift.... squats, deadlifts, rows, shrugs, bench, overhead press, etc., heavy squats and deads work abs anyway. Your bodyfat is way too high right no to worry about isolation ab exercises. Do allllot of cardio, mix it up both low and high intensity, and eat like ozzie outlined and you will be losing about 1 lb a week ideally, all fat! You'll be down to a lean 170 within a year just on this alone.

Great thread! I think getting a solid diet is really important. Most individuals "think" they have a good diet but really are ignorant to that concept.
I like to do some high intensity cardio but I try to limit it. If you are trying to bulk it can hamper your gains. Dieting takes a lot of hard work, but if you want it bad enough it eventually becomes quite easy IMO.

Again, thanks to all for the feedback and support!

I have one question -
As I stated, I am currently on a strict Keto diet - no more than 20g Carbs every day.
Am I correct in assuming that most of you would suggest against the keto diet? And is the reason being simply that it is not a complete and balanced diet?

From what I understand, the Keto diet is ideal for my purpose, as it means that my glycogen stores will more often than not be depleted from the lack of Carbs, therefore allowing my body to source it's energy from my BF stores..

Please correct me if I am wrong! :)

My chest is my area of weakness currently, so I have been training it twice a weak.. It has actually started to shape up nicely now so I will reduce it back to once a week. Cheers.

Anyone able to answer my question above on Keto?

If your looking for a diet plan it doesnt get any easier than the zone diet, its got years of practical experience behind it and it works. It may not be ideal for a professional level BB but if you want to drop fat fast its hard to beat for simplicity and effectivness. The key will just be sure to make sure you eat enough so if you are working out 5-6 days a week chose active or very active on the block calculator. Chose food from the preferred group and your set, simple as that. Dont worry about keto, a lot of people bonk on it. clean zone diet will give you the carbs you need from clean sources to fuel workouts and by its very nature is already calorie deficient to allow for weight loss. If your not already at <12% BF you should be able to add mass while on restricted cals because you have fat stores to utilize for energy.

The beauty of HIIT/CF style workouts is you DO NOT need to waste time doing the low intensity cardio afterwords. If you put everything you have into a CF WOD you arent going to have the energy for 30 minutes of low intensity cardio anyway. Your metabolism will be jacked for the next 12 to 24 hours because of it already, the studies are out there to prove it.

Pumped the HIIT using the GymBoss Interval Timer iPhone app as suggested - feel great after workout - will keep at it and keep everyone updated !!

Elite Fitness is the best!!

Pumped the HIIT using the GymBoss Interval Timer iPhone app as suggested - feel great after workout - will keep at it and keep everyone updated !!

Elite Fitness is the best!!

Thats actually a sweet little application. Dont get bogged down in doing hiit with just traditional cardio movements either. As I said earlier toss in some bodyweight stuff as well, like squats with no weight, lunges, pushups, pull ups etc. Really mix it up.

One example would be to do a ladder of thrusters followed by pullups. A thruster is basically a front squat and explode up propelling the barbell overhead into a press. do 10 thrusters, 10 pullups, then 9 thrusters and 9 pull ups then 8 thrusters and 8 pullups all the way down to a round of 1 of each then your done. For the thrusters you want to use a weight you can do 10 unbroken reps with and race through it keeping proper squat form of course and record your time. Something like this should jack your heart rate and only take like 8-12 minutes.

The goal is to jack your heart rate and really push yourself and if you need some ideas for quick metabolic conditioning workouts dont be afraid to look at the crossfit main website for their workout of the day.

If body building/strength is your goal you will likely want to stick with workouts that dont hit muscles to hard and you will probably want to do it sparingly (ie 2-3 times a week) if your doing lots of dedicated weight work as well. But I guarantee if you give these wods/HIIT workouts 110% you will see some very serious results in the fat loss department. Additionally, the changes they elicit in the body will help you fuel your strength/BB workout. Just be careful to not over train, these kind of workouts are short, but intense if you give it your all and they do put some serious demands on the body.

Good luck and Keep us posted on your progress.

I hope for heavens sake people reading this thread listen to Zyg...Im no fan of Crackfit but now is not the time to get into their potentialy programming errors....when it comes to fat loss as this thread indicates, someone would be much better off doing a Crackfit workout then the isolation bodypart plus steady state cardio as suggested....

Interval training is far superior to steady state, as several studies indicate, as several well researched folks who also apply the stuff have written abotu time and time again, and as anyone who looks at a college sprinter, wrestler, linebacker/running back, etc you get the point, should see......as a generic stereotype, no "real" anaerobic power athlete worth a crap is doing isolation bodypart training with steady state...and I venture to say that many folks on here would kill to look like the running backs/linebackers/d backs they watched on TV today playing D 1 football...

Get in a rack or on a platform and do compound movements from the olympic lifting or powerlifting sports....follow up with some circuit style other push/pull free weight stuff....do some interval training.....if you do it right, you will see results....

There is a plethora of stuff to read on this, Alwyn Cosgrove and Mike Boyle put alot of this type of info in laymens terms...google fat loss and their names and you should come up with something...
Mike Boyle: Explaining Interval Training

Hierarchy Of Fat Loss | Alwyn Cosgrove

Bodybuilding.com - Energy System Training For Fat Loss! - Alwyn Cosgrove

Alwyn Cosgrove – Free Except from Afterburn Extreme Fat Loss Training – Part II ? The Baby Boomer Fitness Authority

from Alwyn Cosgrove – The Science behind Fat Loss Training ? The Baby Boomer Fitness Authority

etc etc etc

Top Bottom