Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HGH and Protein Shake -- How to best benefit from both safely ? ? ?

json_hanks

When taking HGH, when would be best to take my protein shake ?

When people are NOT on HGH, we all know that it's best to take your protein shake right before and right after your workout so your muscles can feed on the protein and other nutrients. Right?
Well, if you -however- are taking HGH. How does it affects the "rules" of when to take your protein shake?

As you know HGH affects blood glucose and insulin levels right after taking an HGH shot for which is not recommended to eat sugars and carbs within 1 hour (aprox). But wouldn't you be depriving your muscles from the benefits of protein shake by waiting that long?

At first it may sound obvious that the answer to my question is simple "Wait 1 Hour, duh!" However, I want to know the opinion of those who have long been using HGH and taking protein shakes. In other words; how can I SAFELY benefit best from protein shakes while on HGH?

Thank you guys!

-- Below is the main contents of my protein shake for reference. Just in case.
wink.gif

Dymatize Elite Whey Protein:
Serving : 33.35g
Total Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbs: 6g
Sugars: 0g
Protein 21g

No, not necessarily. Most studies focus on what happens directly after a workout or before a workout and show that protein causes the muscles to grow faster initially when consumed before or after working out(some studies show the best muscle effect is achieved by taking in the protein 20 minutes BEFORE your workout, not after), but other studies that have gone and looked at it more in depth have concluded that your overall protein intake on a daily importance is of more importance than when its taken because, while its true protein will help it initially grow more directly after working out, it also shows that in the hours after it will level out so that in any given 24 hour period, the levels will end up being roughly the same regardless of when the protein was taken in.

IE, if you break it into 6 periods of eating protein, it might be 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 = 60 if not working out, eating protein directly after or whatever, versus 10, 10, 16(protein directly after working out), 10, 8, 6 = 60. They claim the body still is going to hit the 60 mark regardless of when the protein is taken in as long as its the same amount of protein. It will just reduce the amount of muscle growth later on to bring it back down to the same level as if you didn't take it in directly after.

All that being said, I still drink my protein directly after working out, lol.

Top Bottom