Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey! so gorillas are suppossed to be 7-10 times stronger than a human being....

"The strongest, most powerful creatures are the herbivores. A gorilla can benchpress 4000 lbs. A gorilla never eats anything except raw plant foods. "

Read that on a gorilla site...

Fukkenshredded said:
A significant factor in the gorilla's strength is LEVERAGE. The tendon placement in a gorilla differs from that of a human. It is not that the muscle itself is ten times stronger, but that a gorilla can accomplish about ten times the output of a similarly weighted human.

Incidentally, this is a conservative estimate. It is probable that the true strength of a gorilla is considerably beyond ten times a human. There is an account of an enraged gorilla SNAPPING A TIRE by stretching it in a strictly lateral movement, comparable to a rear delt exercise. I would think that such a feat indicates strength that is almost beyond belief.

In the book 'Dangerous to Man' (I think) there is an account of a safari guide in which the claim is made that a gorilla was able to free itself from the grip of an elephant's trunk.

Additionally, even the Guiness Book of Records used to include a proposition that a gorilla could easily raise a ton from the floor. This was based on an observation of a young female gorilla accomplishing a one handed stress pull of over 150 pounds. A powerlifter, by comparison, can accomplish a similar pull (lateral raise) with one hand of nowhere near that weight. And this takes into account the absence of any training or technique from the primate, as well as the fact the actual weight of the gorilla at the time was under two hundred pounds.

So what your looking at is essentially the ability to one hadedly laterally raise your own bodyweight.

Good luck with that.

he's right...a gorilla's freakish strength is based wholly on it's muscle attachment. the muscles in gorillas are attached farther from the pivot point (the joint), thus giving them much more torque. now, keeping that in mind, gorillas could not throw a 90 mph fast ball because they don't have the speed. the have the force, but virtually no velocity. therefore, your best bet with fighting a gorilla (this is so dumb) would not be to wrestle it, because it could crush any part of your body with a gentle squeeze from it's hand. i would advocate some sort of outside martial arts, ie ninjitsu or taekwondo. hopefully you could get in and kick it in the head, and get out. although, that is highly unlikely as well. keep in mind these gorillas will fucking bite too! moral of the story, don't fuck with a gorilla, it will kill you, and most likely in a quite painful manner.

this has to be the dumbest fuck of a thread ever.
no man alive could touch a chimp or a baboon ( much lighter primates).
so if u think some steriod bloated, swollen hearted, slow moving roid head could stand toe to toe with a gorilla ur as dumb as u r deluded.
ps if any of u manage to arrange the aforementioned contest please let me know, i would gladly sell my house and its entire contents to see such fun.

Bump. I just have to keep this alive b/c the thread subject made me laugh.

BTW, check out the 3-4 little gorillas(about 100-150lbs) they have at the SD zoo if you are in SoCal. You can get them to come right up to glass and provoke them to beat on the glass. It's also worth it seeing them rip the shit out of anything around them....truly amazing strenth.
The big ones just lay there eating and sleeping.

See, thats what happens when a you start being civilized and using computers too much. We have turned into a pathetic weak species. Imagine, a silver back gorilla beating us up, I bet 400'000 years ago that would have never happened!

Damn evolution......

IB

All right you primative screwheads listen up. I don't care how strong you are because this is my BOOMSTICK. It's a 12 gauge double barreled Remington it has a colbalt blue stock and a hair trigger, thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, MI. It retails for about $109.95, thats right shop smart, shop S-Mart- you got that!!---- Now I sware the next time one of you "PRIMATES" even touches me KAHAYYYYAYY.

I couldnt resist either.:)
------------------------------------------

"Names Ash......Housewares"

who couldnt kill any animal with a strap.no strength or great feat is involved in that.silverback against humans=death.you never see a pwr lifter or lineman move like they can, straight up killers if they had to be.especially defending the troop,silverbacks are usually the first to get killed in the wild.(f'n poachers)

Top Bottom