Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey PowerlifterJay

Goin_Big

I was just wondering if you could give me a good routine to follow. One that doesn't involve like chains and floor presses and stuff, just the kinda routine I can follow in almost any gym. I really want to increase my upper body strength as I can squat 315 and deadlift about 300, neither are that great I know but they aren't bad for being 18 either.
If you could help me out thanks, but it's cool if you don't have the time.
Also anyone else that knows routines good for adding upperbody strength, please add your input.
Btw, i'm not saying I don't want to increase lower body strength, it's just that I have 28" legs and only 15" arms and I can only bench 200, it really sucks.
Thanks for any help you can give.

One thing I started doing when I trained with Jay and them was board presses, also floor presses are not that hard to do at all, they can be done at any gym that has a power rack. Just set it up like a squat only lower obviously. The board presses are done with a couple of 2x6's or 2x8's cut to about 16" long and nailed together so you have a 2 board, 3 board, and 4 board. Then have someone hold the board on your chest while you do you set. You really need 2 people helping with this so you have a spotter also. Work your weight up to a single or a strong double. This will work tri's which are the primary muscle involved in the bench anyway.

True! When you say upper body strenght i assume you mean bench. Well you need to pound your tris hard as hell. Mon i bench then i hit ris. You can do behind the head, jm presses, what we call a tate press (my favorite), And floor, and boards. I do boards on thurs. Then follow with other tri movements. Work em liek juice junkie said too. He trains my style. One word of advice would be when your working your tris i try to in some way mimic a strong lockout. Then do your delts. But i dont do any pressing for shoulders. I do raises and up rights only. I get enough front delt action from my bench or tri work. After flat bench on mon, and boards on thurs pick one other heavy tri movement then follow with pushdowns. You do want em big too! Reps after warm ups shouldnt exceed 5. Hope this helps i didnt lay it out for you but i gave you some exercise you can do anywhere. Along with some guidance. So try it and if you need more info i will check. Feel free to ask. Work your back hard. Just another tip. 72hrs between tri or pressing movements thurs being your heavy day where you go to your single or hard ass double. Good luck.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to get my triceps stronger. Is a floor press just where you lay on the floor and basically do a close grip bench? Does it work better than close grip bench?

Top Bottom