Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Herniated Disc

Nemisis RR

What exercises can be done to strengthen the lower back when you have 2 herniated discs (last two)? Other than surgery is there any way to "cure" a herniated disc?

i'm in somewhat the same boat. Anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS or even steroidal AIs if it is bad enough), physical therapy and rest. The most important is time and patience. sucks doesn't it.

What exercises can be done to strengthen the lower back when you have 2 herniated discs (last two)? Other than surgery is there any way to "cure" a herniated disc?

Rest, physical therapy, improved posture and anti-inflammatories.

Mobic is one of the best anti-inflammatories availble. If you catch it in time, it can heal itself.

Teeter Hang ups would actually be a good machine to buy to help decompress. The physical therapist used to put me in this thing that was pretty much the same thing as the Teeter hang up machine.

Welcome to the home of Teeter Hang Ups - Helping to Relieve Back Pain since 1981

i just bought a Teeter Hangup (actually one that was little different but same price)

I can feel my disks decompress after squatting heavy.

I have buldding disks.

My GF has herniated disks and degenerative bone desease. She does the hangups too.

I will let everyone know an honest opinion on it it a couple of weeks. =]

i just bought a Teeter Hangup (actually one that was little different but same price)

I can feel my disks decompress after squatting heavy.

I have buldding disks.

My GF has herniated disks and degenerative bone desease. She does the hangups too.

I will let everyone know an honest opinion on it it a couple of weeks. =]

Hows it treatin ya bro?

If its a really bad on the L-5 or S-1 it may never go back without surgery. Ive been operated on to correct this issue and walking is helpful. Mobic has been good to me whenever Ive re injured it. You getting pains down your legs and an inability to sit for more than a few minutes?

traction is excellent (for me at least) ice and good ole narcotics.

once you're through the woods, improving core strength slowly but by any means possible will make a world of difference. keeping your hams stretched and loose is also imperative; it keeps the back from compensating during movements.

Not really exercises for a herniated disc. I suggest you do some type of traction stretches for the discs.

Bro - if it is herniated as it sounds take it easy but to answer the original question the best lifts in no order are:

1. Good Mornings
2. Straight Legged DL's
3. Roundback DL's
4. Hyper-Extensions
5. Deadlifts
6. Squats

Kaz Training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1plZoN7Ec0
"Conceive, Believe, Achieve!!"
-Bill Kazmaier, Strength Legend & Philanthropist

Top Bottom