Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with workout

imaclown

Hi, I started back this year working out and training martial arts I'm 34 and was 234 with 33% bf in January. I've been doing a 5x5 workout through out the year that is 3 times a week and follows.

A workout
Squats 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Rows 5x5
Dips 5x finsh

B workout
Squats 5x5
Military press 5x5
Dead lift 2x5
pull ups 3xfinish

The first week you do ABA then BAB and so on.

In May i started at a new place that has martial arts and a full gym. So i've added Muai thai 3 times a week a couple Jiu jitsu and wrestling.
In the classes we do push ups,squats etc.

I'm currently 205lbs with 24% bf and would like to bring it down some more. Would you change the weight workout? If so to what?
I don't want to be huge but would like some hard muscle. I will be taking some creatine soon and will probably do a cycle early next year.

Thanks in advance for any help

Marco

Make sure you keep your diet in check, sleep / rest well....martial arts should be good enoug hcardio

In terms of lifting, do medium weights (dnt go heavy) and do super-strict form...

Make sure you keep your diet in check, sleep / rest well....martial arts should be good enoug hcardio

In terms of lifting, do medium weights (dnt go heavy) and do super-strict form...

Yes, getting the body fat down will depend on your diet. Make sure your carbs and clean and only few.

No soda. Soda pop is the killer for many. Don't even switch to diet, just go cold turkey and have one once in a while, not 3 a day.

I'm not assuming you drink soda all day, but many people do this, and it is bad for you.

If you're doing ok with the 5x5 then why not stick with the program- if it's not broke don't fix it.

What are your numbers like? For martial arts you want to be doing at least 1.5x your bodyweight in squat and deadlift and 1.25x for BP. This isn't just for strength but will also make you faster.

For your other exercises you could rotate in a few that will help you develop explosive power. Cleans, jump shrugs and push press for example. As you said, you want to be strong but not bulky.

The workout looks terrific, you might wanna try to cycle your reps once in a while, by doing sets of 8 instead of 5 and during the 8 reps workouts rest around 45-60 secs between sets to increase your own body's GH levels, that will also help on burning even more fat.

Those two martial arts it's all you need muay thai for stand up and clinch, BJJ to the ground-game. They both burn calories as hell, so if you still losing weight you are doing fine, no need to change, only with the exception of increasing the protein intake because you might be losing priceless muscle.

Lotta good input in the above posts.

Stick to martial arts / bodybuilding...you will go far...remember, it is literally all about diet.

Thanks for the replies.

My diet is getting better but there are still areas that i can improve on.
I'm squating around 230 lbs, so not 1.5 times my weight yet, but i'll get there.
I've r/ead that you should have at lest 1x your bdy weight in protein in grams. I'm not getting that much yet. What do you guys think of hemp protein? I started taking that and like the taste of it eating it straight from the container.
Is there any other protein that has lower calories per gram of protein? Hemp has 15g at 120 calories and has omega 3 and other amino acids.

What do you guys think?

Marco

If you can do a 3 day split try and put a big compound on each day, ie: bench one day, deads the other squat the other. If it is working for you though, keep with it.

never heard of hemp. are you taking any whey protein pre or post work out? id 1 scoop pre and 2 post so thats about 75g protein right there.. alot of people vary on how much protein you need a day. doctors and scientist will say .6-1g and lifters will say 1.5-2 normally id aim for atleast 1 and work up from there

Top Bottom