Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with Timing

lukaspope

High End Bro
Platinum
Back in the gym after 5 years off. I'm 37 5'10 weigh 220. Lifting 5 days a week with 4 days of cardio. I am going to start Alpha T2 and Earse since need2build muscle product line is out of stock.

I'm working out first thing in the morning, start with 10 of cardio just to warm up, then lift, then 30 min cardio. Should I be eating a meal in the morning are just a drinking a protein shake before my workout. I'm taking ONs 2.1.1 recovery shake right after lifting. What kind of timing around my workouts is best for my meals, or shakes and supplements?

hey bro,

first off welcome back to the scene!

i have to first ask what your goals are? are you looking to lose fat, build muscle? i'm going to field a guess that at 5'10 220 you're probably looking to trim up a bit.
i personally am starting a natty recomp cycle this coming week with hcgenerate, gear, erase, and ephedrine + caffeine.
this is going to be primarily a fat burning, muscle-maintaining cycle.
i'll go ahead and make a few recommendations, and hopefully someone else can chime in and offer some further advice!

firstly, i wouldn't sacrifice a big breakfast for a protein shake if you plan on lifting. for breakfast, do a bowl of regular rolled oats with some cinnamon if you want for flavor, and your protein shake on top of that. you can throw some fruits and nuts in the oatmeal as well. that way, you're going to have the right kinds of carbs to fuel your lifting so that you don't feel lethargic in the gym.
if you're lifting hard and heavy, by the time you're done the weights and move to cardio, your body will have used all the carbs already for energy, and it will begin to target body fat as its source of energy.
are you incorporating intervals training in your cardio? trust me. with ERASE and interval training, you will see some bonafide results. so long as your diet is in check.

try to make breakfast your staple meal of the day. you should also be eating a meal directly after your workout. again, the contents of said meal would depend largely on your goals and what you are trying to achieve. regardless, you should shoot to be eating 6 meals a day. figure out what your maintenance calories would be, and if youre trying to burn fat, reduce by 500, and if youre trying to bulk up, increase by 500. don't go TOO nuts with this, as one extreme will get you fat and the other you will end up losing all your much-wanted muscle along with a few pounds of fat.

as for the supplements, just follow the directions on the bottle!
feel free to shoot me a pm if you wanna talk further. i'll be shooting for a 10% drop in body fat over the next 2 months so lots of hard work ahead!

I like to have a nice carb/protein meal before I lift.

And welcome back.

Top Bottom