Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with good chinup techniques plz

Funakkuta

Where can I find a legit video about proper techniques of chinups? Whenever I do chinups, my shoulders get really stressed, so this makes me think that there is something wrong about my execution of chinups. Or this is normal?

Here is a good video for you to watch on how to properly execute a chin up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hOxN2jnuFI

Focus on keeping your shoulders rolled back and chest puffed out. This will ensure that your lats are doing the work and there is no stress on your shoulders. A lot of people will allow their shoulders to roll folder as their lats fatigue and this puts a lot of stress on the shoulder joint.

Keep your shoulders rolled back, chest up and head up throughout the entire pull up motion.

I agree with @muskate - it is very important to push out the chest, as this will allow you to reduce the stress on the shoulders. Back in the days I have injured my shoulders because I would let them do all the job, and lets admit it - lifting the weight of an entire body is quite a load for the shoulders. Very informative video has been linked above.

Also you might lack some strength in back muscles, thats why you feel stress going on to the shoulders

Imo, I don't think chin-ups would injure ur shoulder. If ur training for endurance, then form isn't that important, esp if ur explosive performing the excercise. If symmetry and working the entire muscle group for aesthetic purposes is ur goal or if the exercise has become too easy, then form is important. Just my 2 cents

Also, imo, lack of proper form can be used as an excuse to attack a persons routine or block them from doing things the way a persons prefer to.

Top Bottom