Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with defining chest muscles

SinCity

I'm not even sure how to describe it, except, I guess I have a large sternum and I really don't have any muscle down the middle of my chest. Even when I flex and squeeze my pecs together, one can still see sort of a "space", about an inch. If you tapped on that area you could literally tap on my chestbone. Are there any exercises to help build this up, or am shit-out-of luck? Any suggestions are appreciated.

SinCity,
What's up man? Your description of your chest sounds a lot like mine. I have grown stronger and stronger on chest movements over the years, but have yet to completely "fill in" the deep "cut" down the middle of the chest. It's a genetic thing that basically means we just have to keep building up the chest to make it look better. All I can say is just work on the overall mass of the chest to continue filling it out with variations on good 'ol bench presses and dips. I really focus on inclines myself, in bring the upper chest up and out. It's just one of those cases where you have to do the best with what your genes gave you. Hope this helps.

If you can't see any muscle there, it is not definition you want, it is mass!

use the following program to build up some pec power then worry about the def later.

Bench press: 1 sets of 10, 1 set of 8, 1 sets of 6, 2 sets of 4-5.....all sets taken to failure, and use a spotter!

then do parallel dips(i cant praise these anough!) 5 sets to failure.

you can put in incline dumbell presses if you want, well if your chest can recover from the above, go ahead!
i would train chest once a week with triceps and biceps or with triceps and delts, up to you.

good luck!

Top Bottom