Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP = very high SHBG - low free Testosterone

Haritec

I am a 52 yr old male, 5'08" 158 lbs, in pretty good shape (about 13 % BF). I weightlift 3 x weekly, stretch for a half hr each AM, do some lower back exercises and cardio other 3x weekly. Eat better than I ever have in my life (low carbs, fairly high fat).

Having trouble getting my testosterone to normal levels. Have tried a lot of herbal type supplements - take a good mix of vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, CoQ10, aminos, NAC, Lipoic Acid, Betaine ) Here is my most recent endocrine results - very not pretty (reference ranges in brackets)

AM Cortisol 474 nmol/L (200 - 690)
Estradiol 20 pmol/L (0 - 160 ) Note I recently starting take a fairly large amount of DIM and eating 3 cups cabbage a day - Estradiol used to be around 110 just two months ago.
FSH 3 IU/L (1 - 18 )
LH 4 IU/L (1 - 9)
Progesterone 1.7 nmol/L (0.0 - 3.0)
Prolactin 6 ug/L ( 0 - 15)
Free T3 3.9 pmol/L (3.4 - 6.5)
Free T4 16.9 pmol/L (10.0 - 25.0)
Total Testosterone 13.7 nmol/L (8.0 - 29.0)
TSH 2.88 mIU/L (0.20 - 6.00)
Albumin 37 g/L (33 - 48)
Sex Hormone Binding Globuline 59 (10 - 55) HIGH
Free Testosterone 194 (175 - 700) ( OK for an 80 yr old man but not for me )

So, presently I think my estradiol is too low, my SHBG is going overboard resulting in very low free Testosterone. My blood work (dont want to overwhelm this thread right away ) shows low red blood cell count - consistent with low testosterone. Other than that liver results etc all look pretty good. Symptom wise - no morning wood, can still get a solid and firm erection on appropriate stimulation, lethargy and lack of motivation.

I am currently trying a product called HCGenerate - has significant amount of the active ingredient from Stinging nettle which is supposed to bind / de-activate excess SHBG. In addition to this I am taking 3-4 grams D-Aspartic Acid each morning, as well as some glandulars (orchic tissue, pituatary, liver, adrenal, hypothalmus). Just started this after doing the above blood work, planning to test at one month and two months. If that doesnt work - maybe try Clomid ??

I have historical results for all my tests (blood work etc ) if anyone wants to see them. The prior endocrine results were not as thorough as these. I am still waiting for reverse T3 and bio-available testosterone - but bio-available testosterone will be bad no doubt.

Thank you to all who took the time to read this !

That Hcgenerate will bind to SHBG. There are lots of free test boosters that work in the same way. Stinging nettle, Urtica dioca, 34, divanillyltetrahydrofuran, are basically the same thing (sting nettle is the plant, urtica is the latin name, and that last one is the active ingredient of stinging nettle extracted). Unleashed gets a lot of hype around here, but its not the only way to skin a cat. It has some urtica dioca in it, but also has Avena Sativa (oat) extract that is supposed to also bind to SHBG. I admit the stuff makes me horny!

But you should get to the bottom of why your SHBG is high in the first place.

Unleashed is sold out still - that was my original plan when I ordered HCGenerate. I would like some unleashed as well.

The million dollar question was asked - why is my SHBG so high anyways ? I read that low carb diets can cause high SHBG. I am planning to try and add some weight - so could go back on higher carbs. Problem is with my Test so low - it is hard to add muscle mass - so if I add on weight it tends to go as body fat.

Any thoughts on best diet for me to try - and when will Unleashed by back in stock ! I am getting all the tests done and can prove if it works even in a difficult case.

I am surprised Estrogen so low. My last test was in September and it was over 100.

Top Bottom