Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help On Bench!

Steve18

I just turned 18 and am 5'11 210, I started benching hard when I was 14, and used to do all powerlifts 4 times a week for about a year, and my bench went up from 255-340 from my freshman to sophomore year. I widened my grip and started benching with less reps only once a week my junior year and got up to 420 by the end. I have been following a simliar routine this past year but with less results, I've been stuck at 455 for months, I need some hlep to overcome my plateau, I have tried everything form all the different kinds of dumbell presses to every kind of grip bench.A bodybuilder I know told me to try only 2 sets of 4-6 once a week but i really dunno. Every other part of my body is getting stronger except for my bench, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I believe that what the bodybuilder said to you is on the right track, with the exception that you should aim for a 8-10 rep range. You said that you have tried all the different kinds of lifts, but are not seeing the results. I would argue that your actual exercise is not the problem, you need more rest days. Remember, your body not only needs time off to recover from the workout, but also needs additional time to make the adaptation to the hypertrophy you stimulated. If you are working out your chest 2+ times per week(which you never said whether you were or weren't), your body doesn't have the time to make the full recovery and to add that little bit of muscle. I recommend the following action to help your chest:
1. Take a full week off from training chest
2. Do 1-2 sets each of 8-10 BB press and DB flies. Use the heaviest weight you can that will allow you to go to positive failure in 8-10 reps while maintaining good form.
3. Take 2 days off before starting your next workout.

Top Bottom