Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! My legs are TOO long

sc_girl01

Ok, ok, I know a lot of women would kill to have super long legs, but if I could give away a couple of inches I definitley would! I can't ever find cute pants and when I wear shorts I feel like a giant leg, LOL.

Anyways, I'm 5'9" (not THAT tall) but all my height is in my thighs. I wear a 34 inseam (so yea, long legs, short torso). I have been reading and reading and reading and I feel like the past few months I have made great progress in the gym, aside from a few roadblocks here or there. I can definitley tell I'm getting stronger and leaner, so that's good.

My issue is my legs. I understand I need to lose more body fat and yada yada yada, but I've always had issues (even back in the day when I was in tip top shape) bringing out my upper thighs. My lower thighs around my knees look toned and defined, but get higher up and it's a totally different story. My upper inner thighs are horrible. I do lots of squats, leg press, and lots of hamstring work. For cardio I usually ride my mountain bike about 10 miles a day on the highest resistance so I know i'm getting a good leg workout. And I LOVE working legs in the gym, it's my fav. So what can I do to bring out such long muscles? I kinda have the same problems with my long arms too but I'm starting to see improvement there. It seems that longer muscles are harder to tone......

Take a look at your diet. Some women like to go low carb to tone up. If you do that make sure you eat enough quality fat. If you don't your body will produce more estrogen which will lead you it holding onto fat in the lower stomach, hips, butt, thighs area.

May I ask how long you have been training/eating well that you are frustrated that you've not achieved the desired result?

Chop your legs off 2 inches above the ankle and put your feet back on. That should help.

okay, that wasn't any help at all.

Just keep at the training and get more meat on your thighs and they won't look so long.

Also, it seems you are a little self-conscious about something 98% of woman beg to have. I think you should love your long legs. Long legs are hot.

Your probably not far from me so if you try this I may actually be able to hear your cries of pain.

Ever hear of an exercise called 21's?

Squats

All the way to the floor half way up back down till the pooper touches the deck (not literally but if your flexible why not)7 reps.Then whew break time...well not actualy now your going from parallel to near lockout. 7 reps but much easier reps as your muscles are near full extension and getting more desired leverage...NOW back to pain. Ass to floor all the way up 7 reps. no rest between the 3 different forms. After 21 reps rack the weight.

Get to where you can use pretty heavy weight. Your desire in my opinion is not to "lean" out your legs. YOu need to bulk those vice grips up. Get some strength and power and thickness. Allowing for more "curvy" appeal as well as the long appeal. best of both worlds. The Sex long legs and the ultra sexy Shape of a dancers legs.

Your probably not far from me so if you try this I may actually be able to hear your cries of pain.

Ever hear of an exercise called 21's?

Squats

All the way to the floor half way up back down till the pooper touches the deck (not literally but if your flexible why not)7 reps.Then whew break time...well not actualy now your going from parallel to near lockout. 7 reps but much easier reps as your muscles are near full extension and getting more desired leverage...NOW back to pain. Ass to floor all the way up 7 reps. no rest between the 3 different forms. After 21 reps rack the weight.

Get to where you can use pretty heavy weight. Your desire in my opinion is not to "lean" out your legs. YOu need to bulk those vice grips up. Get some strength and power and thickness. Allowing for more "curvy" appeal as well as the long appeal. best of both worlds. The Sex long legs and the ultra sexy Shape of a dancers legs.

That is a great suggestion! I will try it too for my next leg workout.

I've never heard of doing 21's for legs, but only for biceps. Can I say, OUCH!!!

Another thing to consider when discussing lack of leg development: what type of cardio do you do and with what frequency/duration?

21's will count as your cardio..trust me...most people that say...my legs are too long...Actually means just like you said. Underdeveloped quads and inner thigh..Yep..Inner thigh...no those stupid machines when your like spreading your stuff open for all to see then squeezing it back together are not as good as alternating your stance on squat and hack's..

PS Deadlifts and Stairmasters make for an amazing A...uh amazing Glutes!!

Top Bottom