Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help Judge Routine, Please and Thanks!

lacrosse206

Hey guys,

So I've made a few threads here to collect information in regards to a routine and generally training-oriented lifestyle. This is a routine I made up based on collaborated results from you guys! I really appreciate all the help you've given and hopefully, will continue to give! Great to have a group of guys who know their stuff. In case anybody was curious, the aesthetic aspect has taken a back seat to the general mass, weight and athletic aspect of the training. I've decided to attend University of Washington to attain my A.A. in Business Marketing, then transfer to University of North Carolina to play Division One Men's Lacrosse for the Tar Heels. I'm pretty excited about the idea, and I hope to make it all a solid reality and like I said, I appreciate all the advice I can get! And I apologize if I seem to ask for a lot, but hell, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."... Almost cheating.

Full-Hang Pullups - 8x5
Back Squat - 190x8x3
RDLs - ?x8x3 *** [Any suggestions? Haven't done these before; have strong legs, but I don't want to overload to start with because of my back]
Dumbbell Shrugs 75x10x3
Curl Machine - 150x8x3
Leg Press- 400x10x3
Calf Raise - 90x10x3
45 Degree Incline Situps (With 25) - 16x4
Swiss Pikes - 10x3
Side Planks, both sides - 45sec x2
Wrist String Pulls - 15x5
Ground-Held Deadlift Shrug - 160x8x2
7:00 min mile
Depth Jumps - 12x3
Zig-Zag hops - 5 x30ft
Tuck Jumps - 15x3
Square Jump Drill - 4corners x3rounds x5sets
Tricep Push - 90x8x3
Deltoid Raises - 95x10x3
Chest Press - 190x8x3
Adductor - 300x10x4
Abductor - 300x10x4
Pec Fly 190x8x2
Chest Press 70x8x3
Core Twist Inverted Situps - 16x3
Leg Raises - 20x4
15lbs Weighted Pushup - 10x3
Side to Side 10ft Gap Sprints - 6per side Sprint x5
Over Middle Jump Tuck - 5per side Jump x3
Wire Crunches - 50x10x3
DB Lunges - 45x20x5
Barbell Shrugs - 110x15x3
Weighted Ab Machine - 110x8x3
Knee Raises - 20x3
Quad Front Lifts - 150x10x3
Upper Back Wire Pullback - 140x8x3
Middle Back Wire Pulldown - 160x8x3
Trap/Delt Raises - 90x8x35
5mins Jumprope - x2

400 lacrosse shots
- 200 left 200 right
~~ 50 per corner, per hand
~~~Slow-Motion Recording of Shot Form + Technique Analysis for both hands, all forms

100 cons. wall ball passes - right and left
50 quick stick - righty and lefty
100 consecutive lefty
Close Goal or Cut Finishes - 80 righty 80 lefty

30 yd sprints - x5
50 yd sprints - x3
18yd and back - x3
Shuffle, Backpedal, Forward Box Sprints - 20 yd sides x3

30 minutes assorted visual coordination exercises (3d creation, eye-teaming, depth perception, etc)

20 mins assorted balance workouts

10 min reaction ball training

Diet:
Primarily based on proteins, vitamins, fruits/vegetables on breads. Little 'bad' food.

Preworkout is C4, post workout is whey protein shakes and food reload. Plenty of water and milk.

Recovery: hot showering, 45 min hot tub with massive hydrating, 10 min sauna.
KT tape used on 'weaker' joints upon any discomfort, plenty of stretching beforehand and afterwards.

SO! Thank you for reading that. I plan on doing it every other day, and the lacrosse, coordination and balance routines daily. I'm really excited about it, let me know what you think! Feel free to rip it to shreds if need be, trim it, whatever. I'm just trying to get a massive edge for lacrosse, i'm not one to like sitting bench.

I haven't seen your other posts, but if that's the routine you plan on following you'll might as well move in to the gym permanently. For me, that's far too much volume and looks like a great way to overtrain VERY quickly.

Seriously? Is that all one workout? That is literally as many exercises as I do in my entire week, and I'm lifting 5 times a week. Not good.

You also didn't post what days you do this workout, or anything else besides a list of exercises for that matter.

Training Economy my man. You can get a better, more effective workout using four correct exercises that complement each other rather than spinning your wheels like you are now.

I don't even believe that you do that workout, it looks like it takes about four hours, no college student could, or should, be doing that while still finding time to study and maintaining any semblance of a social life.

So, how would you suggest splitting it (as opposed to telling me it's too much...)? I actually bucked the social thing a while ago, I was in a fraternity earlier this year and didn't like the near-nightly drinking hence, leaving it. It does take 4, almost 5 hours a day, but I take about a 2-day break after a 4/5 day cycle. I've got plenty of social life on top of the studying and 3.8gpa that I'm upholding, but I'm definitely open to another version of this.

How about this: help me cut out lifts I don't need, and create a daily schedule for those? I'm fine with the lacrosse/cognitive/plyometric workouts daily; I could leave out Plyos and do them every-other-day if that makes more sense, but in terms of getting tired, I'm able to put together a long routine with as much lacrosse as the daylight can offer. I have been getting pretty exhausted after workouts, and I've never actually done this whole one before (hence, posting it here) but I've been doing a similar version, sans-plyometrics and the big core lifts.

Any suggestions how to split it up? I am trying to keep cut for a job I've got, but in the long term, create an explosive athlete. I just don't know how to split up the workouts properly to accommodate a modeling career and D1 athletics program. Thanks for your help!

Also quick note, the reason I assumed that much was fine, is because I always try to workout til' I physically cannot. Not pain, but because I'm just too tired. Any help splitting up that load would be much appreciated, but I just don't know where to start. College kid, no resemblance to trainer...

Top Bottom