Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help a brother out !!!

Maverick

I am currently 175lbs and I want to maybe gain more muscle tone and get a little more defined....

Now do I stop lifting heavy and do lots of reps with a decent weight ? or do I stop going up in my numbers on my lifts and just mantain ?

i am currently doing MMA and playing basketball like 3 days a week so I am pretty drained when I get to the gym because I only have like one or 2 days off a week with no activity at all.

thanks for the help guys !!!

Just looking to get a little more cut? No added size? For appearence reasons mainly? If thats your goal, Id say just clean up your diet and with the endurance training your already doing you should tone up in no time.

I would still lift heavy. IMO there is no such thing as toning a muscle...it either grows or shrinks. Just keep the diet nice and clean...lots of protein, complex carbs in the morning tapering down as the day goes on, and some good fats.

cmdubs said:
I would still lift heavy. IMO there is no such thing as toning a muscle...it either grows or shrinks. Just keep the diet nice and clean...lots of protein, complex carbs in the morning tapering down as the day goes on, and some good fats.

Good advice.

As a former basketball palyer, if only in high school, I would recommend focusing on basics like bench, squat, deadlift, rows and calf raises. You would want to still lift "heavy" because you do not want to lose whatever size and strenghth you have. I found that when I tried to both play ball and workout, that I needed more carbs than when just lifting, so I would recommend to clean up your diet and eat only potatoes, oatmeal, whole-grain bread or pasta, and avoid simple sugars. I believe the key would be fidning the right amount to fuel your performance, but not anymore than that.

Top Bottom