Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hello

I can COMPLETELY sympathize and understand where you are coming from with wanting to lose weight. I have had four children myself and though I didn't gain as much weight as you, I am a bit shorter so I think it pretty much evens out in the end.

We always have this idea in our heads that there is this "magic number". When we get down to it.. then we will look like the pics in the magazines. GUESS WHAT?! DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY...

I waisted a few years of my life training as hard as I could (I always liked the weights) for someone who was basically starving and cardio-ing herself to death. Yes, I did get some gains but they came VERY SLOWLY and I was NEVER satisfied with my behind or my legs.... because my body was starving and would NOT give up that last bit of fat that we, as females, are designed to have.

Finally, I decided that I wanted to try and compete in a bodybuilding show and this helped me tremendously! I realized that the number on the scale meant NOTHING. It was about the amount of strong and shapely lean mass that I had!

I used to be 5'3 1/2" at about 104 - 108# (skinny with an "eh" ass at best) now I am about 130 at 14% bf with the tightest rock hard glutes I've EVER HAD! hehehehheee PS - SIZE 2/4!

You NEED TO EAT MORE and train with weights. Don't worry so much about cardio. Yes, initially you will gain a bit of weight, but don't wig! Yes, some will be a bit of bodyfat (YOU ARE A GIRL - YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT! - LOL) but as you gain lean body mass the number on the scale will increase as muscle is more dense and weighs so much more than fat.

You need to take in MORE calories - protein, fat and complex and fibrous carbohydrates. Have 20/30 g of protein in a sitting AT LEAST! Eat 5/6 smaller meals. Drink plenty of water.

thanks all for your suggestions and I agree, so I have joined a 24 hr fitness gym here in Boise and will start into a weightlifting program after the holiday.

I will try hard to not watch the scale, and keep in mind that I am trading fat for muscle which will weigh more. As long as my jeans are still baggy I will be happy.

If I get brave I may even post pictures of my progression from 98 lb weakling to muscle maven :)

thanks again,
PJ

Glad to hear it Jane!

*The crowd roars*

My advice about the jeans.... invest in some very nice lycra/cotton blend yoga pants! hehehheheee I RARELY where jeans as I have difficulty finding any that fit well and are comfortable... Ah well, I guess that is the price you pay for having that ghetto booty! tee-hee

Top Bottom