Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hello

plainjane

Hello, I am a 39 year old mother of two.

I have finally lost most all of the baby fat I put on from being pregnant (started at 185 and currently weigh 108) and now need to tone and firm, so I have come here to get advice and support to build some muscle and lose those last pesky 5 lbs!!

The main areas in dire need of help are my lower stomach because I had a c-section and my outer thighs. Any tips and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ

Hi and welcome:) Take your time and read the boards..there is tons of info here...Do you know what your bf% is? What does your training routine look like? Diet? Give us details and we can better help you!

Welcome Plain Jane....lots of info on working the abbs and legs. Just gotta do some searching......

Looks like you lost a LOT of baby fat....... good for you. Tell everyone how tall you are also, cause it helps us get a mental pic of your body type. :) Then we can help you with your diet and exercise routine.

Thanks for the tips, I will go through and review past posts. I stand 5'5" tall and have no idea how much body fat% I have. Probably too much!

I walk on my treadmill for 30 mins everyday and then take my son for a stroll for another 30 mins every evening, so around an hour a day of brisk walking.

As for diet, its low salt low fat.

Thanks again,
PJ

Just for some advice...I would get your bodyfat done as soon as you can..it is the best way to monitor your progress..the scales do not measure your lean mass! 2nd a diet low in salt and low fat could be many things can you be more specific? You need some fat in your diet...flax oil, olive oil nat pb etc. Cutting fats is not always best. Are you eating 6 meals a day? 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb? What kind of carbs are you eating? Walking is great but your weight training is what is really going to help you shed bodyfat and get "toned" as you call it. If ya want help we need to know more info...

Lifting weights on the heavy side, will help speed up your metabolism, helping you to lose the b/f and gain the muscle.

Do you belong to a gym?? Most of them will take you through a program, and help you get started on all the machines and free weights. They can also (hopefully) measure your b/f.......

Its important to eat 6 small meals a day; complex carbs and protein. ( you think it sounds like a lot, but eating the correct foods in small amounts will help the metabolism get moving also)

If you need help on the types of foods to eat, then just ask. Lots of girls on here know the amounts and what is good and not good .

I think the best place to start though, is to get into the gym, and have them help you get going.

I haven't kept track of the amounts of fat or carbs etc. I just read the labels and try to buy items that are less than 30% fat.

I do take multi-vitamin supplements, and calcium everyday along with a diet pill called Hydroxydrine. Its a combination of Hydroxycut and Xenadrine. The instructions say to take 2-3 tabs twice a day, but I take one every two hours up to 4pm. Keeps me more level and I dont get the jitters.

I dont belong to a gym. We just moved here, and there are many but I would have to find one with a reliable daycare.

Some years ago I belonged to a gym and did a 4 days on, 2days off routine that worked well for me. I put on muscle fairly quickly.
I prefer to have long lean look for myself.

PJ

Its good your taking the multi vitamin..... just make sure the Hydroxydine you take isnt curbing your hunger urges to much.

I use to take all those myself, but found it made me not hungry, which they are suppose to be doing, when I should really be eating....so......

Take your time and find a good gym, with a good daycare. I got 3 myself, so the daycare is more important to me than anything. And you need to like the staff, and make sure they are available to help you and knowledgeable :)

Keep walking until you can find a gym; that is a great way to take in the fresh air anyhow and spend time with the young 'un :)

Top Bottom