Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heavy weight low reps ?

Max - Ot

the Max OT program at www.ast-ss.com Says:

When I say to do between 4 and 6 reps, this means that you will use a weight that is light enough to allow you to get at least 4 reps, but is also heavy enough to where you cannot do any more than 6 reps. If you can't do 4 reps, then the weight is too heavy. If you can do more than 6 reps, then the weight is too light.

This is important and is critical component of Max-OT. 4 to 6 reps is the "ideal" rep scheme for building muscle. It allows maximum muscle fiber overload and maximum muscle fiber recruitment.

Intensity

A big advantage (aside from the physiological benefits) is that it's much easier to mentally focus your energy on a set of 4 to 6 reps than it is on a set of 10 to 12 reps. Knowing that your set will be short and intense will allow you to generate maximum mental intensity, maximum muscle contraction, and maximum muscular force. Max-OT, in itself, is a more productive muscle building approach that literally acts synergistically with each technique, component, and principle to exponentially accelerate your results.

Once you understand that heavy weight is the most influential stimulus for muscle growth, you will continue to strive for greater overload. You will continue to get bigger and stronger in less time.

Thoughts on this anyone? :confused:

Peter I think you hit the nail on the head.My genetics seem to rely more on high intensity low reps.I've done 10 and 12 many times over the years.To receive next to no results,juicing or not.

Heavy weight and proper form are what does it for me.Maybe not for everyone but for me.

stuff

I just started working out in March for the first time in my life and started using the MAx-OT program with heavy weight for the past 7 weeks.

So far i have been seing great results all over my body. Only sups i am taking is protien. I am a very thin guy too. 5,8 138 pounds.

Heavy weight seemes to be working for me very well sofar.

I can't wait to see howmuch bigger i can get by the end of the summer!

Top Bottom