Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have you ever hurt yourself in the gym?

Have you ever hurt yourself in the gym?

• Total voters
about ten years ago I was on ther flat bench and finished my last rep with 205lbs and kinda threw it back on the rack real hard and it bounced off and came down on my neck and shoulders. I thought it broke my collar-bone but it didnt it just bruised me real bad. I was so careful after that shit its not even funny..

im not surprised you were careful after that, it could have landed clean on your throat!!!
iv caught my fingers between weights, dropped a plate on my foot here and there, but nothing major.

ceo said:
I've stubbed toes, run into weight racks with my thighs, etc. I'm always getting bruises and stuff from running into things. Bruises from DL too...scrapes, etc. :D

On deadlift night, I tell my wife that it's time to grunt, sweat, and bleed. I wonder what "normal" people think when the see us with a crazy look in our eyes and blood running down our shins.

I was loading plates on the leg press last night when the latch gave out and the sled came crashing down, but it was stopped by the safety bar, loud as shit

yeah, the gym pro/personal trainer was laughing, apparently it has happened before

im always dropping loud stuff, stumbling loudly over stuff, but it only ever happens when there's lots of other people to see it and laugh at me!

i have injured myself from years of heavy lifting. the cartilage in my shoulder (ac) wore away over time. it wasnt a specific event, just time.

most of my injuries occur outside of the gym...lol

dolf215 said:
Patellar tendonitis from squatting a lot, Rotator cuff injury a long time ago doing dumbell shoulder press and my right arm went backwards, tweaked my back doing T-bar rows. Everything is fine now except the tendonitis is a pain in the butt.

I had sore knees for the same reason for about 6 months, but I finally learned how to counter it: Lots of quad and hip stretching including involuntary stuff to lenbgthen the muscles so they were more flexible, and hot soaks in the bath at least 4 times a week really helped relax the thighs. I saw an orthopedist and he worked out the knots too.

I've also ruined my shoulder doing deep incline flies, heavy - took two years to fix because my doctor was a complete ass. 5 years on all better.

Couldn't walk for a week (seriously) because I did a calf workout with a semi-pro and had never really worked calve hard before!

Tore my rear delt incline dumbell pressing because the spotter pushed my elbows after my tricep failed and all I could do was use my rear delt to resist the weight as it went past the centre.

Had horrible wrist problems from overtraining - especially trying to do heavy cleans with bad form.

Starined my pec, (doing a 10RM) because I didn't focus and was probably not quite warm enough.

Tweaked my lower back last week jerking because I drove the weight up too far back and tried to recover instead of just letting it fall behind me.

+ lots of other minor stuff I can't remember because I've been working out for 16 years - but inn that time doing what I've done i's say that's ok!

Tore both hamstrings. Recent bicep tear. Hurt both shoulders when I was young(er) and dumb(er). Put my arm through a glass window when trying to take some heavy bands off the squat bar (always wear elbow sleeves...always).

Top Bottom