bigjimcalhoun
New member
Hi
I am new as of today so please bear with me if any of this is repetative- I apologize.
I have had a very simple T test done, basically to see if I am a candidate for TRT. On a range of 241 to 814, I came in at 291.
Due to my insurance, I had to pay for the intital test out of pocket and that is why only the total T was done. The office said that a more comprehesive test would be covered once a problem was discovered.
I am 37 years old and the woman at the doctor's office said that would have liked to have seen me around high 400 to 600s (something like that) and that I should come in to discuss more. They told me a primary care physician would have dismissed me as normal.
I do not know what my actual body fat is. I have a biometric device that says it is 27.8 and slightly overweight. Most seem to think the biometric devices are way over. I am 5'-11 and weight 190 or so. I wear 33" pants. I used to run 5 times/week and weigh 170 lb, but I have 2 bulging discs and a torn disc and cannot run in the short term. In the past year and a half I have made no real gains with the free weights. I do not know what my max bench is, but I can bench 170 4 times - so maybe I could bench 185.
In the past two years I feel I have aged a lot. I have added about 20 lb weight, my Cholesterol has jumped from 116 to 187 and I have slowed down in all areas of life.
I have now learned that, generally speaking, most doctors only see you for 4 minutes and it is up to me to look after myself including self-prescribing where necessary.
I have never done AAS or anything else for that matter. After reading this forum and others it seems that AAS gets a bad rep in the media and this stuff could really help me.
So, on Tuesday, I hope to leave with a prescription for something. They offer Testim cream, Testosterone Cypionate and TestoPel pellets. Looks like the pellets are not their first choice for those that can self-inject, etc.
1. Given my free T is 291 on the scale above, what should I shoot for or expect to bring my level up to? 600? 900, more?
2. Would HGH help my back issues?
Thank you.
I am new as of today so please bear with me if any of this is repetative- I apologize.
I have had a very simple T test done, basically to see if I am a candidate for TRT. On a range of 241 to 814, I came in at 291.
Due to my insurance, I had to pay for the intital test out of pocket and that is why only the total T was done. The office said that a more comprehesive test would be covered once a problem was discovered.
I am 37 years old and the woman at the doctor's office said that would have liked to have seen me around high 400 to 600s (something like that) and that I should come in to discuss more. They told me a primary care physician would have dismissed me as normal.
I do not know what my actual body fat is. I have a biometric device that says it is 27.8 and slightly overweight. Most seem to think the biometric devices are way over. I am 5'-11 and weight 190 or so. I wear 33" pants. I used to run 5 times/week and weigh 170 lb, but I have 2 bulging discs and a torn disc and cannot run in the short term. In the past year and a half I have made no real gains with the free weights. I do not know what my max bench is, but I can bench 170 4 times - so maybe I could bench 185.
In the past two years I feel I have aged a lot. I have added about 20 lb weight, my Cholesterol has jumped from 116 to 187 and I have slowed down in all areas of life.
I have now learned that, generally speaking, most doctors only see you for 4 minutes and it is up to me to look after myself including self-prescribing where necessary.
I have never done AAS or anything else for that matter. After reading this forum and others it seems that AAS gets a bad rep in the media and this stuff could really help me.
So, on Tuesday, I hope to leave with a prescription for something. They offer Testim cream, Testosterone Cypionate and TestoPel pellets. Looks like the pellets are not their first choice for those that can self-inject, etc.
1. Given my free T is 291 on the scale above, what should I shoot for or expect to bring my level up to? 600? 900, more?
2. Would HGH help my back issues?
Thank you.
Last edited:

Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














