Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

has anyone tried the static contraction system by John Little

rush

New member
I know on paper it looks like it sucks but had anyone given it a decent try and if so what were your thoughts...
 
i tried it and i like it. its based on the principal of this. your stronger at partial rom than you are full rom. so you will be even stronger holding even more weight than the partials for static. ie........ not moving. like holding a bench press 2 inches from lockout for 5-15 seconds.

it didnt do a lot for muscle. but it strengthen my tendons and ligaments a ton. this is the way it worked best for me. i would do bench press say 405. and hold it for 1-2 sets of as long as i could. then i would go and put 225 on and rep it out for 1-2 normal sets. there was a big difference there.

X
 
Power factor training isn't bad. I gained some size on it. Used a little static contraction work here and there, and didn't car for it as much. I lost too much strength on the lifts I used it on. Didn't try it exclusively though.
 
not sure if this is the same thing but STATIC REP training did wonders for my bench, sq and dead close to competition time. Basically, after holding weights way heavier than I could push, the training weights didnt feel like shit

see slogan below :)

6506215_B_tn.jpg
 
See, the thing was, the program advises using partial holds exclusively.

Exodus... you were doing full-range stuff to. And as is obvious from low volume programs, 1-2 full range sets is enough to grow off of even without the statics.

It's just a bad program. I can get technical but let's leave it at that.
 
I read the book and it' so fucking exacting in terms of workload that it's more like a science experiment than a bodybuilding workout. Of course your lifts are gonna go up all you have to do is shorten your 3-4 inch range of motion into a 1-2 inch range of motion. Tried it, didn't really like it. Might be a good change of pace every once in a while, but I wouldn't recommend it as "the way".
 
I'm not sure about my results because I use it every so often in addition to my regular training....when I did leg extensions the last time (by bringing the weight up with two legs and holding it with one leg) I about threw up so it worked pretty well for me....
 
Top Bottom