Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hand palm skin problems

after lifting for 7 months in a row my hand palms skin started cracking so bed to the points it's causing bleeding between the fore finger and the thumb, I used some moisturizing cream my girl uses but it didn't do shit, any idea what can I use for this problem guys? I had to skip s few days of lifting because of it, thanks.

My specialty is grip strength. I've won 4 British Championships and 2 European Championships. It sounds to me like you sweat a LOT. So start using chalk. A trick you can use (be sure to wash these properly between gym visits) is to holds bars and handles etc with a small flat sponge. Equally, if you use 'em, clean the training gloves.

Do you use chalk when lifting? Or maybe something similar?

Regarding the creams, coconut oil is very good for skin regeneration, and it is very cheap, so you can give it a try.

As for the prevention, make sure that in the gym you do not use the equipment if you have these bleeding cracks, because you might get an infection.

In such a situation I would recommend you to try using thin gloves. Not those softened for the gym, but something thinner that will avoid direct contact with the bars, because it is easy to get an infection like that.

I can't stand ANY kind of weight-lifting glove. Gyms don't always spray a cleaning agent on the hand grips on their machines as well as they ought to. As well as the sponges I've also used small patches of towel.

Start using weight chalk when lifting. It'll put a barrier between your hands and the barbell/dumbell and prevent the skin problems from getting worse. If your gym doesn't allow gym chalk, use the product called liquid chalk.

The best moisturizer you can use is coconut oil. The exact same oil you would use to cook with. Start using that instead. Most skin care products on the market are absolute garbage. They are full of additives and artificial ingredients. Stick with pure coconut oil.

Start using weight chalk when lifting. It'll put a barrier between your hands and the barbell/dumbell and prevent the skin problems from getting worse. If your gym doesn't allow gym chalk, use the product called liquid chalk.

The best moisturizer you can use is coconut oil. The exact same oil you would use to cook with. Start using that instead. Most skin care products on the market are absolute garbage. They are full of additives and artificial ingredients. Stick with pure coconut oil.

Most liquid chalk type products use an alcohol base. It evaporates leaving the chalky residue on the hands. It's actually worse for gyms as it gets into the knurling on bars and has to be wire brushed out. If you use it while the hand skin hasn't recovered the alcohol may sting (just a bit ha ha)

Look for the moistureizers that are made for guys that trades guys. There are some pretty good ones that might help. I definitely agree about not using gloves. They will hurt your strength in the end.

Top Bottom