Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Half-life of creatine

Lumberg

OK, I remember reading somewhere, I think on this board (but I couldn't find it, even AFTER using the search function), that creatine has a half-life of only 40 minutes in the body. The poster had a "you guys are all stupid for taking it after your workouts" attitude.

First of all, is this true? Should you only take creatine before working out to make you stronger for the actual workout? Or does creatine have very positive recovery effects, and THAT's why you take it immediately after? (Of course some advocate taking it both before AND after)

My deal is, yeah strength makes you look cool in the gym but I want to LOOK good. If I had a choice, say of being able to do one extra rep per set in the gym but not recover as well, or be a little weaker in the gym but grow better afterwards, I would take the latter choice. Also, if I indeed am able to do that extra rep due to taking the creatine immediately before working out, is that going to translate to better gains or is it just a byproduct of the creatine and I will get the same gains no matter what by simply repping to failure, whether it's 12 or 13 reps?

Just for the record, I am natural, and I try to stay in shape year-round rather than go through bulking and cutting stages, and I try to make constant, gradual gains.

Hope this makes sense,

JC

creatine and cramping

Oops I forgot, I also read where a doctor they interviewed on testosterone.net said never to take creatine before a workout because it can lead to muscle cramping. Any opinions?

JC:fro:

Creatine accumulates in the muscle tissue, when i am creatine loading or getting ready for a power meet i take before & after a workout. Creatine in my opinion is best absorbed after a workout because your muscles are soaking up all sources of nutriets & energy, which it is most sensitive to post workout.

Top Bottom