Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hair Transplant Info you Bros...

first off, the procedure is absolutely horrible. i've been twice. i plan a third an final go when i have enough cash. as far as further balding (after the procedure), you will have to be dilligent about keeping the rest of the hair. this means daily propecia and xandrox for starters. i am proof that you can keep the rest. i have no fear about losing my hair anymore (sigh of relief). i look at balding guys and wonder why they don't do something about it. there are great meds out there and a better understanding of hair loss. in fact, i think i know more than the hair transplant docs, although i'm SURE they don't want you to know how to keep your hair. how else would they keep you coming back?

Nelson Montana said:
Hair transplants are a terrible procedure. It's painful, expensive and it it never provide a full head of hair and once you receed further it can look ridiculous. If you can't live with thinning hair, either shave your head or get a serious hairpiece every 6 months.

Tell that to Ben Affleck or anyone who has had $$ to get the procedure done at the NHI - New Hair Institute. Probably about twice the cost as most other places, but well worth the $$.

I had an appointment with them about a year ago and was shocked at the number of celebs they've done. These are people in the spotlight 24hrs a day, so imperferction is not acceptable.

In the end, they said my receding hairline was not serious enough to warrant a trasnplant and would not accept me as a patient. "Keep us posted, and Come back in 5 years for a follow up" they said.

First off... Big Guy. Sounds like you had a good experience and I'm sure you'll be happy with your results. Good healing to you.

However, I'm afraid Bosley, MHR (Medical Hair Restoration) and to a lesser extent NHI all have terrible to poor reputations. It's possibly to get a good result with these guys but they certainly aren't cutting edge (pardon the phrase) or near to the top doctors as far as the results go.

They are known as "Hair Mills" in the online community and are expensive with slick sales patter, inconsistent results and many disattisfied patients/ legal battles having lost their medical license on several occassions. They attract patients through TV advertsing and Bosley spends circa $12 million of their budget on this.

NHI are not as bad as the other two but they have had a rough ride in the past with their results (especially FUE Follicular Unit Extraction, where they don't cut a strip out they take one graft at a time but their early results never grew. They have improved but approach with caution and yes they are over priced).

It's possible to get a good result but you may not. They do have some good doctors but it is a bit of a roulette wheel.They are too inconsitent and there is no way to know until fully grown out 8 - 12 months later. That is the ONLY time you can judge.

Travel to the best doctors. The top 5 worldclass doctors will usually pay or contribute towards the air fare and they are independent operations and not part of a hair mill chains. You don't see them on TV. They rely on word of mouth for their reputation and are typically cheaper than the hair mills because of this.

Don't trust the photos, (they lie) and see AT LEAST 1 of the actual doctors patients in real life in overhead light or daylight. Picures don't count (i can't stress that enough). Don't deal with "sales consultants" only speak with the doctor that will be cutting your head.

Reasearch on the hair loss forums and realise it's serious surgey and not to be taken lightly.

Ben Affleck wears a lace hair system (high end rug) ......and anyway he would have sued the ass of NHI if they'd broken the patient confidentiality agreement. He's a hollywood star and consistently denies reports that his hair isn't natural. Seriously, be careful. As Big Guy has already pointed out these slick operations do lie to get you in the chair.....

"Oh yea the doctor lied when he said people go back to work the next day. (FUCKING LIAR!)".

Next day !!!! Unbelievable. Why would a doctor say this?? ..... or was it the sales consultant that actually said this??

Take care. :fro:

Last edited:
Great fucking thread very helpful info.My question is that the only way a hair transplant can be done. Is cutting a slab out of the back of your head an putting it on the bad spots.I heard that a guy did it an did not work for him an now he has no hair an nothing but scars on his fucking head.Now thats fucked up for sure.Just wanted to know if there were any thing different then that way of doing it .I also read in a bodybuilding mag that in the near future there will be hair cloneing.

so wats the best option for someone with a real slight receding hairline? im on duta .. while this makes u keep hair i dont think it helps grow back a receding hairline? anything that does?

What a waste of money... when you could have got a 12" penile implant for the same cash. J/K
Sounds like they have come along way since the "doll hair" plugs. Glad you're happy, bro!

halfcenturian said:
What a waste of money... when you could have got a 12" penile implant for the same cash. J/K
Sounds like they have come along way since the "doll hair" plugs. Glad you're happy, bro!

LOL I hear that bro.I would take the 12inch penis before the hair lol.

Hey,Bigguy why don't you post some before an after pics. An lets see how good you look.You fucking stud you lol

Bigswole,

Yes there's also FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)... and also sometime called FIT by one particular doctor (Dr Cole in Atlanta) but the process is the same. It was invented by Dr Ray Woods in Australia but is now available in the US.

Here they use a 0.7mm - 0.9mm tool to punch out each hair follicule one at a time. They do not cut a strip so no stitches are needed and it's pretty much healed in 24 hours but fully healed within 5 - 7 days. Pain killers are not required unlike with strip.

It takes longer to extract the hairs and require more skill than strip and is 3 x more expensive and there are only a handful of doctors in the world with proven sucessful results.

The hairs can be taked from the back, sides and nape of the neck ... and also with this method hairs can be taken from the body (it is then referred to as BHT Body Hair Transplants).

There is no visible scaring once healed and the hair can be shaved down unlike with a strip scar.

It is really better for smaller sessions. Larger sessions of 2000 + grafts take a long time to extract one at a time and would cost a small fortune..... but if you have money then it's a better choice than having a scar.

Top Bottom