Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gun Enthusiasts...

FreeballinDC

Dumper Humper
You can now strap on an exposed handgun and wear it within the Commonwealth of Virginia without a permit.

It ALMOST makes want to turn in my DC passport, and move to VA.

(free needles in DC are making me stay)

No shit! Wow! LOL @ the free needles.

IF I end up working in DC I'll locate in Mannasses that way I can wear my Glock.

Fairfax County just blows.....open carry has been on the book for so many goddamn years....too bad the officers aren't updated on this in the Academy...makes me wonder what the f do they teach in the academy??? how to run radar, profile, stereotype drivers.....

Wash DC is a shithole...you can't protect/defend yourself against the criminals who wantonly carry guns.....go figure that out Mr DC Councilman.....except for the grandfather clause back in the 70's... if you had a gun, you can still own it.. until then..look towards DC Metro's Finest to protect you...yeah right...

Dead serious dude, you can wear your Glock to Starbucks, and nobody bats an eye. Just make sure it's exposed and in plain view.

FreeballinDC said:
Dead serious dude, you can wear your Glock to Starbucks, and nobody bats an eye. Just make sure it's exposed and in plain view.
*Does funky dance in front of desk*

Oh yeah...uhn huh.

gtrcivic said:
Fairfax County just blows.....open carry has been on the book for so many goddamn years....too bad the officers aren't updated on this in the Academy...makes me wonder what the f do they teach in the academy??? how to run radar, profile, stereotype drivers.....

Wash DC is a shithole...you can't protect/defend yourself against the criminals who wantonly carry guns.....go figure that out Mr DC Councilman.....except for the grandfather clause back in the 70's... if you had a gun, you can still own it.. until then..look towards DC Metro's Finest to protect you...yeah right...

In your first paragraph, there seems to be some confusion. Check out todays Washington Post online for the story. Evidently some Fairfax cops didn't know it was legal until they checked with the desk.

For your second, I really beg to differ. In the 9 years I have lived in the District, I have only had one incident, and that was somebody broke into my car and boosted my stereo. That's it. No mugging, no shooting, nobody has broken into my house, nothing! Yes, DC has it's problems, but they are nothing now compared to what it was like in the early to mid '90's.

Although I will agree that something could be done to change the gun laws here.

I am beginning to subscribe to the theory that if you are allowed to carry, it could reduce the number of shootings in town.

What about concealed carry? You can openly brandish yo piece, but can you carry it in your pocket (provided your pockets can hold said piece)?

From Zero said:
What about concealed carry? You can openly brandish yo piece, but can you carry it in your pocket (provided your pockets can hold said piece)?

Nope, that would be a concealed weapon, and you have to have a permit to carry it concealed.

It has to be in the open (hence the strap on holsters), and you don't have to have a permit to carry it that way.

Top Bottom