Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Supplement bars?

Saber_UK

Hi,

I was thinking about using supplement bars, as they are easy to use in the middle of the day, there are many different types however.

Right now im using NLarge2, and thought as some days it may be hard to drink it, i would use bars, are these bars mostly for protein or enery? are there similar weight gain type bars?

Basicly, im looking for a top quality bar, but that also tastes nice :) Any suggestions? (that is if these bars are actually good? are they worth using?)

Thanks

all protein bars are good if you are bulking-just know that gelatin is not really a protein source, so if you see that in the ingredients, subtract a bit of the total listed protein-also, watch the sugar content

define quality..

Diamonds right (for once), watch out for the gelatin content and remember that glycerine is a carb even though it isn't listed as one under the nutrition facts. Considering those two factors, there isn't many options out there. A good bar with quality ingredients, that isn't too bad tasting, is the old Myoplex Delux bars. If you find any others out there, please post'em!

i like the strawberry parrillo bar but it's got more carbs than I need. i should probably check and see if they have a low carb bar by now. if beverly has some protein bars as well and if they are probly very good quality.

Right now I'm using up the last of the lemon lean body bars.

Last edited:
Re: define quality..

TYPE A said:
Diamonds right (for once)

Uh...low blow...:D

remember that glycerine is a carb

Yup - and I've noticed that a lot of manufacturers are starting to list the glycerine carbs lately....likely due to government regulations. Although they go really far out of their way to indicate that glycerine won't spike insulin like "traditional" carbs....

Incidentally - too much glycerine gives me the shits....I'm sure you'll all be glad to know!!

Saber_UK said:
Hi,

I was thinking about using supplement bars, as they are easy to use in the middle of the day, there are many different types however.

Right now im using NLarge2, and thought as some days it may be hard to drink it, i would use bars, are these bars mostly for protein or enery? are there similar weight gain type bars?

Basicly, im looking for a top quality bar, but that also tastes nice :) Any suggestions? (that is if these bars are actually good? are they worth using?)

Thanks

Lean Body Texas Pecan kicks ass!! High quality protein, 18 grams of carbs (16 of those are glycerine).

Designer is high quality and uses only whey protein.
Nitro-Tech is good quality and awesome taste but like all Muscletech, is overpriced.

Personally, I eat the Myoplex low carb. These taste great and protein quality is decent.

The thing with low carb bars that list 2-4 grams of carbs is they are loaded with glycerine which will bring the actual carb count up to around 20. A couple replies here are right, and they are changing the labeling laws.

Oh yeah, stay away from Promax bars. These are getting pretty popular and taste good but are not much better than a candy bar. Same with Meso-TEch.

I would take Designer Whey because it has 30 grams of protein and about 2 to 3 grams of carb. They are not the best tasting bars but the carbs are really low and that is what I go after when I pick a bar.

Cheers!!

im sorry, but im still new to alot of this...

im getting the idea carbs are bad? but my Nlarge2 ha alot of carbs in it...

also..i was doing some biology..and i read that simple carbs are bad, but complex are good? whats in the nlarge2 and bars?

ive got a SNC catalogue here..it looks like "Myoplex Deluxe" or "Met-Rx Protein Plus" are the best 2 bars...

anyone used them? are they good?

Thanks

Saber_UK said:
im sorry, but im still new to alot of this...

im getting the idea carbs are bad? but my Nlarge2 ha alot of carbs in it...

also..i was doing some biology..and i read that simple carbs are bad, but complex are good? whats in the nlarge2 and bars?

ive got a SNC catalogue here..it looks like "Myoplex Deluxe" or "Met-Rx Protein Plus" are the best 2 bars...

anyone used them? are they good?

Thanks
ALL BARS HAVE SIMPLE CARBS ONLY

Top Bottom