Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good protein bar?????

I *REALLY* like the CarbRite Diet Bar (formerly known as the Doctor's Diet Low Carb Bar). The Chocolate, Banana and Soy nut bar is realllly good. I know soy is The Devil, but it does have whey protein (21g total protein), low carb, 208 cal, no hydrogenated oils and sucralose as a sweetener. I buy these by the box at http://www11.netrition.com/

Hmmmm protein bars....

glycerine covered, filled with hydrolyzed gellatin, and saturated in trans fatty acids, I'm drooling just thinking about'em!

Will someone tell me what a good quality protein bar is, that doesn't contain all of the above? That's the real question!

Re: Hmmmm protein bars....

TYPE A said:
glycerine covered, filled with hydrolyzed gellatin, and saturated in trans fatty acids, I'm drooling just thinking about'em!

Will someone tell me what a good quality protein bar is, that doesn't contain all of the above? That's the real question!

Totally agree with you there bud. There is no such thing as a high quality protein bar, but sometimes you are just too busy to get a meal when you need one.
I used to have about 10 of these a week until I got my ass in gear and bought a grill, rice cooker and blender. Now I just have a couple a week when running around.

If you must go with a quickie protein, Met-rx RTD 40 or similar rtd, is much better than any bar.

U4IK Rage....

I've been traveling more, so I have to choke bars down on the plane. It seems the only bar with okay ingredients is the old Myoplex Bar, but it's loaded with sugar. I agree that RTD's are better, but not by much.

What are you taking when a bar is the only option? Let me rephrase that, what bar would you use that contains the least of if any of those horrible ingredients?

Thanks!

Re: U4IK Rage....

TYPE A said:
What are you taking when a bar is the only option? Let me rephrase that, what bar would you use that contains the least of if any of those horrible ingredients?

Thanks!

Quality wise, you can't beat Designers bars. Unfortunately you can't escape glycerine and these are loaded with them.

I've tried just about everybar out there (I work at a supp store) and here are some good ones:

Nitro-Tech smores (best I've ever tasted)
Lean Body-Texas Pecan (2nd best taste)
Myoplex Lo-carb cookies n creme
Premier coconut (almond-joy like taste)

I know, some of these have the low-quality gelatin protein, but when you're eating these, taste is the bigger issue.
Those are the ones I usually have though I try out the newest bars once in awhile. It's always a gamble trying a new bar.:)

Thanks...

Labrada's texas Pecan is stellar, certainly a favorite. Thanks for the info!

Anyone else have recommendations for bars with low gellatin?

Top Bottom